Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,762   Posts: 1,484,021   Online: 1267

Shooter
    Medium Format

Review and unboxing of the FPP Debonair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV9SulLipWA

It's my first holga-type camera. What's good about these cameras is the simplicity. Make sure you got enough light, set focus, point and shoot. Sometimes featureless can itself be a nice feature.
    http://filmphotog.blogspot.com/ my blog

Please visit my film photography youtube channel and subscribe:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    super cool. Thanks for posting.

I rather like the Debonair. It seems to me it's basically a Holga but priced in the way a Holga **should** be priced.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arealitystudios View Post
    ...it's basically a Holga but priced in the way a Holga **should** be priced.
    That is absolutely right. The holga should be $20

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djgeorgie View Post
    That is absolutely right. The holga should be $20
    When I got my Holga it was $20. It wasn't the "in" thing at the time, and a friend suggested it would be a way to try medium format before I decided to spend a lot of money on a 35mm system.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've also really taken a liking to my Debonair. All the toy joy of the Holga, but priced more reasonable than what Holgas fetch today. The construction of the film door is also much improved and more secure than the little metal clips always threatening to pop off the Holga.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lancekingphoto View Post
    I've also really taken a liking to my Debonair. All the toy joy of the Holga, but priced more reasonable than what Holgas fetch today. The construction of the film door is also much improved and more secure than the little metal clips always threatening to pop off the Holga.

I knew the holga had its problems, but I never thought it was that badly constructed.

I'm still shocked people are willing to shell out $80 for a holga kit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The overall construction isn't terrible in the 120N. The biggest issue remains the flimsy metal clips that hold the back on the camera. I learned the hard way when my wife slipped my camera into her purse while we were out and about... Nothing a little electrical tape can't fix. The Debonair has a small plastic lever on the bottom, which seems to be more resistant to accidents.

And $80 for a basic Holga is insane. I bought mine a few years ago on th'Bay for US $23, including shipping, direct from Hong Kong. You can still find the 120N for about $29 on Amazon and other places.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin