Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,466   Online: 930

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Keep in mind that the Instax Wide image area is of a 16:9 aspect ratio, not 1:1 square format like Polaroids.

As for the flash, you can experiment with diffusers over the flash to control output power and light quality. Even colored gel filters can be used, you just have to try it out.

Here's a sample image of mine:

Note the shiny hotspot on the left fender of the car has a small black spot, that's solarization that happens with the Instax film if grossly over exposed.

~Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stand View Post
    Instax mini have cute design and really fit in with trend nowadays! however the paper refill is very expensive, one box just provide 10 sheets!
    For me Polaroid better b'cos the roll of films not to expensive and easy ro buy.

just my opinion
    Well, you're probably right (I think ) I never tried the stuff from TIP since that would mean buying more cameras and frankly my drybox is getting too full . So I wouldn't know if the instax refill packs are more expensive but I personally find them worth the money and I usually buy in bulk, of roughly, 10 to 20 packs per time for both mini and wide. My sister is gonna kill me when she finds out how much space my film stuff is taking up on my shelf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post
    Keep in mind that the Instax Wide image area is of a 16:9 aspect ratio, not 1:1 square format like Polaroids.

As for the flash, you can experiment with diffusers over the flash to control output power and light quality. Even colored gel filters can be used, you just have to try it out.

Here's a sample image of mine:

Note the shiny hotspot on the left fender of the car has a small black spot, that's solarization that happens with the Instax film if grossly over exposed.

~Joe
    Hey! Now that is an idea! using gel filters! So far, I'm only using scotch tape just to slightly diffused the flash so it wouldn't be so harsh. Didn't think about using gel filters to give it some funky effects!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had the autofocus Fuji Instax Wide camera -I think was 200 - from an auction deal. It was a nice camera, but after a few years use the processor got confused and would not drive the film all the way out after expsoure. This drove me to the 210, since finding another 200 was just nigh of impossible it seemed at the time.

I mostly use it indoors at night as a party camera. People get a real kick out of being handed a print these days, and se it develop in front of theitr eyes.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

[Review] Fujifilm Instax wide 210 and Fujifilm Instax mini 25

Quote Originally Posted by stand View Post
    Instax mini have cute design and really fit in with trend nowadays! however the paper refill is very expensive, one box just provide 10 sheets!
    For me Polaroid better b'cos the roll of films not to expensive and easy ro buy.

just my opinion
    How are they MORE expensive, you can get an instax mini 10 pack at Walmart for $15 where the Polarood (TIP) film is $24 for only 8... Plus the image quality of the instax is way higher than Polaroid.

Honestly if you are shooting either camera they are really about the look of them more than image quality since all of the instant cameras are pretty bad if you blow them up bigger than their actual size.

Anyway just wondering why you thought TIP was less expensive?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    I had the autofocus Fuji Instax Wide camera -I think was 200 - from an auction deal. It was a nice camera, but after a few years use the processor got confused and would not drive the film all the way out after expsoure. This drove me to the 210, since finding another 200 was just nigh of impossible it seemed at the time.

I mostly use it indoors at night as a party camera. People get a real kick out of being handed a print these days, and se it develop in front of theitr eyes.
    I think you're referring to the now discontinued fujifilm 500AF as its the only auto focus instax camera that I know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    How are they MORE expensive, you can get an instax mini 10 pack at Walmart for $15 where the Polarood (TIP) film is $24 for only 8... Plus the image quality of the instax is way higher than Polaroid.

Honestly if you are shooting either camera they are really about the look of them more than image quality since all of the instant cameras are pretty bad if you blow them up bigger than their actual size.

Anyway just wondering why you thought TIP was less expensive?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe he is referring to the expired polaroid stuff you can find on ebay and not TIP?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

[Review] Fujifilm Instax wide 210 and Fujifilm Instax mini 25

I have the Mini 8 and Wide 210. Tried to get a 25 or 50 but they just are not available in thus part of the world.

Anyway, the Mini 8 works badly in bright conditions which I assume is due to the fixed shutter speed. Sad. This is why I wanted the other ones.

I am getting some good results from the 210 but film is hard to get around here

I also have been playing with the TIP film in my 600 and that has been pretty bad so far, very orange pictures. I take it that is due to it being summer here and exceeding the operating temp of the film.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    I have the Mini 8 and Wide 210. Tried to get a 25 or 50 but they just are not available in thus part of the world.

Anyway, the Mini 8 works badly in bright conditions which I assume is due to the fixed shutter speed. Sad. This is why I wanted the other ones.

I am getting some good results from the 210 but film is hard to get around here

I also have been playing with the TIP film in my 600 and that has been pretty bad so far, very orange pictures. I take it that is due to it being summer here and exceeding the operating temp of the film.

Depends on which version, I would suggest buying the "Color Protection" and UVSilver Shade version, NOT the "cool shade" versions as those are older and were really bad...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the review. Love the Fujifilm Instax wide 210! Been wanting to get a polaroid camera but was very hesitant on getting this because of the bulkiness, but I guess it's ok because of the big size of the pic you get out of it. Finally saw this camera in person at a party and couldn't stop thinking about it, so I got my own!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin