Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,589   Online: 838

Shooter
    Multi Format

WHat are your polaroid mods? (and my 360 mods)

Hi. my name is Grant, Im 28 and addicted to modding polaroids.

I can thank the FPP for introducing me to polaroids and my ingenuity for creating into an obsession.

I have like 4 land cameras, a few 100s and 250 and my fav, the 360.
    I picked up the 360 from goodwill web auction because...well, ive got gas obviously.

No really, i wanted a polaroid i could throw a multi flash setup with without having to worry about bulb delay that is built into the other ones making electronic flash annoying.
    I ended up doing:
    dual AAA conversion, one for timer, one for camera.
    Pulling out the flash circuit that turns on once the PC plug is inserted, and then tells the shutter to compensate
    Inserted all new wiring soldered and heat shrunk, to a push button which takes the place of that PC board, and when you push the button it tells the magic eye to compensate for flash and BAM it works like a champ.

Ive tested it back home (im working in saudi arabia right now and it just arrived through mail!) with a 580ex at 1/2 power being good for around 7 ft for a decently exposed image.

IMG_4152 by Flsimages, on Flickr

IMG_4154 by Flsimages, on Flickr
    forgot to heat shrink the switch, but its ok, i have to replace the switch anyways, the wire broke off shortly after taking this photo.

IMG_4155 by Flsimages, on Flickr

needless to say, it is super fun.

Anyone else done cool stuff with their polaroid?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So far, AAA batteries for my pair of Land 100's. I like your dual holder solution though, I had to cut a lot of plastic out to get the doors to close. I use a 4xAAA holder.

Wish there was a way to make these truly "manual" cameras though!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    only way is to spend 500 bucks for the manual versions lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did the battery converion, but I cannot get the doors to shut down. So I just put some tape on it. I think there is a way to hack the front of the camera to put a manual lens on it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M Carter View Post
    Wish there was a way to make these truly "manual" cameras though!
    Like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zeissaroid.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	66865

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've converted a Polaroid 80 roll film camera into a 120 film camera. You can see the pictures here: http://filmphotographyproject.com/co...20-film-camera
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have done a bunch of battery mods using the 4 battery holder, I cut 1 section out to make it a 3 holder. But you do have to remove a lot of plastic in the battery compartment. Also have added a pack film back to a Polaroid 110A, but sold it. That camera and a Nikon F4 that I sold was a sad mistake on my part. Doing a 150 now, same camera body but not near as good a lens.
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far, I have done a couple Polaroid 250's with the AAA battery pack with springs removed. I was fortunate to find a cheap flashlight at a local convenience store, that used 3 AAA batts. The holder installed without any extra work
    nickrapak, Your instructions on the Polaroid 80 are great! I will be doing that soon to one of mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    nicrapak thanks for the how to, once I finish the 150 going to have to do this conversion.

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin