Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,627   Online: 960

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PA-145

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My guess is that the ground glass is registering at a different distance than the PA-145 back. You would have to devise some clever ways to measure where things are registering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check that the ground glass is the right way around. I've seen them with the glass back to front which can cause focus problems.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello VYSK and Michael W,

Thank you for your suggestions.
    I first checked the ground glass and Fresnel, they where assembled in the right order and I cleaned them just in case. There was no improvement in sharpness.
    Just to make sure that the assembly was right: Hood, ground glass, Fresnel (with the milky side and ribbed side facing towards each other) bellows and lens.

Then I tried to measure the lenght of a certain point of the front end of the camera to the ground glass (image-1) and did the same on the dark slide of the mounted the PA-145 (image-2).
    There is one millimeter difference but when the darkslide is removed the distance became the same. It was a bit of a crude measurement but it was all I could do at this moment.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	544.7 KB 
ID:	69450 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	529.9 KB 
ID:	69451

So alas no solution at this point. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can you take a few more photos for us? Of the camera back, with and without the PA-145 in place?? The dark slide should have no bearing on the distance of the back to the film plane. Its contained within the housing, inside the rails.

I think something else is amiss here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PtJudeRI View Post
    Can you take a few more photos for us? Of the camera back, with and without the PA-145 in place?? The dark slide should have no bearing on the distance of the back to the film plane. Its contained within the housing, inside the rails.

I think something else is amiss here.
    Hi, I hope these will help.
    If you need more detailed pic's let me know. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0616.jpg 
Size:	872.7 KB 
ID:	69462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0617.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	938.0 KB 
ID:	69463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0615.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	835.1 KB 
ID:	69464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0613.jpg 
Size:	673.4 KB 
ID:	69465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0603.jpg 
Size:	925.1 KB 
ID:	69461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0607.jpg 
Size:	731.7 KB 
ID:	69466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0608.jpg 
Size:	689.5 KB 
ID:	69467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0610.jpg 
Size:	832.6 KB 
ID:	69468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0611.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	872.4 KB 
ID:	69469

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK.... well, I have a different back, The spring or Graphic back... So I am less familiar with your Graflok back, but everything looks to be in order...

Are your photos out of focus across the whole image or partially? are they in focus if you are stopped down to, say, f22?? Light leaks?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The overall pic is just out of focus, even with f22 or f32. There's no sharp piece to be found on it. At a glance you would say that it's OK but when you look with a critical eye you'll notice.
    No light leaks or streaks present and the colors are fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, Im at a loss here... The only thing I can think of is that the light trap rails are holding your back further away from the film plane than it should, but thats certainly a shot in the dark. I would do a few tests by throwing your focus out and trying to see if you can get a sharp image to reference. ??

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK, thank you. I'll give it a few more "shot's" this weekend and keep you posted.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't have this camera, but on my lf camera the polaroid holder just slides under the ground glass, like a sheet film holder. it's not necessary to take away the ground glass. it's a bit tricky because it's thicker than a sheet film holder, but the springs are wide enough. I don't know if this makes a difference but it's worth a try.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin