Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,875   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stereography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can get a realist for the cost of a holga these days. look around. I think of the realist format I prefer the Revere 33. It is also available cheap. I went to the Verascope for the wider format- 7 sprocketholess wide instead of 5. It's a bit more money. But the revere is a nice camera, easy ergonomics and sharp lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an antique stereoscope and a bunch of cards. I always loved my viewmaster growing up. I have a copy of the Stereo Realist Manual by Morgan & Lester, and am thinking of getting a Realist. I love playing around and using B&W film to get an antique look..

Shooter
    Large Format
    I too prefer the revere (or even better - the wollensak) to the realist..I sold my 2.8 when I got the revere (cept now that I picked up a custom - who knows)

I really like viewmaster myself and wish there was a way to keep that dang cutter sharp and in spec

and - duplicate the slidefilm before cutting so I could make small runs of subjects for the heck of it

I bet it can be done digitally now with some kind of scanning and imaging to film chain

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've had good luck with the old Pentax stereo adapter set. One piece (two front-surface mirrors) screws into the filter thread of a 50 mm lens (35 mm camera) and gives two portrait images on a 24x36 mm landscape slide with a blurred border between them. The other piece (two eyepieces) holds the 2-inch slide (conventional mount). With a proper foreground cue, the stereo effect is good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look out for a Gomz Sputnik, I have one, its pretty cool

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have had a Realist for a few years now and it's really a great camera but takes a bit of time to think in stereo. Camera is like a brick--Literally. By using hyperfocal focusing,you rarely miss a shot. Just repaired a flash sync problem with a couple of regular screwdrivers. Have boxes of mounted slides ,but never thought of positive stereoviews. Could be the answer when slide film runs out There are D*** ways to manipulate images for printout. Gonna drag out the projector one day and amuse the wife and kids
    rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin