Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,089   Online: 976

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One benefit of the Mamiya is that its lens mounting method is very low-tech. However, if you want to use a TLR shutter for your lens, it seems like things would be more complicated, what with the principle lens plane lying to the subject-side of the shutter (i.e. increasing the focal length) and not matching your viewing lens, focus-wise.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I'm not quite sure I understand MSchuler? If the taking lens and the viewing lens are the same, then focusing should work fine.
    I came across this camera online http://sandehalynch.wordpress.com/defocus/
    It uses two older lenses from folders, which have both been modified the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry! For some reason I was thinking that you would only replace the taking lens.

Thanks for posting the example of the C3 with Agfa lenses - it looks very interesting.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Holgamods has an example of a new shutter for the Holga http://www.holgamods.com/shutter/shutter.html

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Holgamods has an example of a new shutter for the Holga http://www.holgamods.com/shutter/shutter.html
    i actually spoke with Randy at Holgamods and he does install a Polaroid Pathfinder shutter into a Holga. However, the vignetting is apparently fairly serious (like looking through a tunnel) and much of the film area is lost. So I decided against getting one.
    If you're interested contact him, he's a nice guy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been fitting shutters to Holga for about 5 years now. I'm making and making them to order here and in Japan.
    They retain all the Holga focus, aperture and vignetting characteristics. Simply put, they give the same result a Holga does. Only, you mostly get shutter speeds from 1s to 1/500s, B and T. And a flash sync at all speeds.
    Just start by measuring everything (film plane, infinity focus length etc) with callipers. Rip off the Holga shutter/lens mount and cut off the screw on mount. Attach that to the new shutter and attach it to the camera body. Screw the lens onto the mount and off you go.
    That simple... not exactly. Lots of cutting, bonding, cutting, testing correct focus... the usual Holga modding heaven n hell. Just keep an eye on keeping measurements true.
    It still throws the ppl in the pro lab into fits every time I pick up a dozen rolls of perfectly exposed Velvia from Holga.
    I keep 2 myself so theres always one for Velvia and one for Polaroid. I even have a Pin-hole lens (40mm), which can be used on them. I've currently 3 orders to fill, so it'll be a while before any more would be available.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	modified HOLGA.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	351.0 KB 
ID:	75650

Thats a totally fake 70-200mm mod, btw. But still, a project in the making?

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Hey JamesJames

This is very cool. Could you tell me what type of shutter you are using? I think I understand what you are doing. If you could attach a picture of one of your mods that would be really cool.

thanks,
    david

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i'm interested too, maybe a picture is worth a thousand words

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin