Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,919   Posts: 1,521,950   Online: 1127

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

TIP: OPEN HOUSE IN THE IMPOSSIBLE FACTORY (Oct. 18th, 2013)

I received a newsletter from The Impossible Project today, announcing the OPEN HOUSE IN THE IMPOSSIBLE FACTORY (in The Netherlands, Europe).
    I went to an open house about two months ago and is was very interesting/cool to see how it all works. This is the original Polaroid Factory that The Impossible Project continued. You'll feel back in time, being a part of the Polaroid history, standing between the very large machines from the 1970's. The tour guides speak English, German and Dutch as well. They are all employees of the old and new company.

And part of the tour is visiting the guy who works there for 40 years now fixing all kind of Polaroid cameras (he knows them all by hart). I brought mine and he CLA'd it for free during the tour - even added a frog tongue. Later he showed me his tattoo. Guess what it was ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polaroid-repair-man-tatoo 095.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	73378

It was a great day so highly recommended. They also had some nice sales on film as well.

This is the text of the announcement:
    ------------------------------------------------------

Name:	impossible_factory_logo.gif 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.9 KB 
ID:	73377 OPEN HOUSE IN THE IMPOSSIBLE FACTORY
    Are you ready to explore the place where instant film is produced? Would you like to meet members of our team and see our giant assembly machines in action? On October 18th, we'll be hosting an Open House Day at Impossible's factory in Enschede, the Netherlands. In addition to a tour of the factory, you'll also be offered a 'Lift It' demonstration by Dutch photographer Carla Ellens. Please note: As we expect to get more requests than there are available places, we would urge you to apply before September 29th. We will be in touch to let you know whether we are able to guarantee you a place!
    FOR DETAILS & REGISTRATION PLEASE GO HERE
    http://www.the-impossible-project.co...se/18october13

Name:	Impossible_factory_polaroid.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	73385

IMPOSSIBLE FACTORY OUTLET
    address: Hoge Bothofstraat 45
    7511ZA Enschede - The Netherlands

EMAIL: outlet@the-impossible-project.com
    OPENING HOURS: Every FRIDAY from 11.00 - 16.00
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some impressions:

Name:	polaroid-factory 097.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	73379 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polaroid-factory 098.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	73380 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polaroid-factory 099.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	73381 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polaroid-hell 096.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	73382 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polaroid-factory 100.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	73383 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polaroid-factory 101.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	73384
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 08-23-2013 at 01:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    It would have been cool to have the sx70 tattoo in the cleft of the elbow ( the antecubital fossa) so that the camera was closed when he flexed his elbow and open when extended...

Shooter
    35mm
    Awesome ! It's about bit more then an hour to drive from my place. Hopefully i will be one of the choosen ones.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin