Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,473   Posts: 1,570,969   Online: 817

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Hi, Nice camera! I like Holgamods.
    I recently saw this model for the first time and wonder how it is. Could you post some images when ready?
    How did it handle?
    Only took one roll, and it was quickly and with boring subject matter on my commute! Anyway, here are a few from that roll. It handles like any Holga just BIGGER. This is some Tri-X developed in HC-110.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	West Berkeley HolgaPano KodakTri-X HC-110dilH 9min 20C 30secAg2x 2013-08 VSmac 4990 Scan-130828-.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	73667

Name:	West Berkeley HolgaPano KodakTri-X HC-110dilH 9min 20C 30secAg2x 2013-08 VSmac 4990 Scan-130827-.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	281.6 KB 
ID:	73668

Name:	West Berkeley HolgaPano KodakTri-X HC-110dilH 9min 20C 30secAg2x 2013-08 VSmac 4990 Scan-130828-.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	73669
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got a Loreo lens in a cap and a Holga dslr lens together off ebay. The Loreo, from what I understand has a 35mm fixed focus three element plastic lens that is supposed to give unimpressive results. It also has a waterhouse type wheel with apertures from 5.6 to 64. (64 being equal to a pinhole on this small lens) Looks like fun. The Holga lens looks to have been crudely modified in the back. I'm not sure what the plate behind the lens is supposed to be, but this has a raggedly cut hole in it about 3/16 diameter. Looking through the lens on the camera, the image is a little dark, but focus looks good. (well as good as it get with a Holga) I have no idea what the actual aperture is at this point though. Guess it doesn't make too much difference, it's all about experimentation anyway.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Only took one roll, and it was quickly and with boring subject matter on my commute! Anyway, here are a few from that roll. It handles like any Holga just BIGGER. This is some Tri-X developed in HC-110.

Views:	53 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	73667

Name:	West Berkeley HolgaPano KodakTri-X HC-110dilH 9min 20C 30secAg2x 2013-08 VSmac 4990 Scan-130827-.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	281.6 KB 
ID:	73668

Views:	51 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	73669
    Nice work, thanks for showing. I like the Bread Truck.
    I like the panorama format, so I'll get we one of those cameras as well. I already have the Holga panorama pinhole camera.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    My wife's friend gave me a Holga 120 recently. She found it in a free pile outside some apartments. Works for me! Just squeezed a roll of 35mm in it, still need to get it developed to see how it fares.
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Richard I love that frame of the "eternal"! The lens is soft enough that it turned the fire hydrant into a white poodle (in my mind's eye).....

Joy, bliss, surreal images! Keep em coming!

@cscurrier - haaaaa what a great find! Look forward to yer feelings re the new rig after your first roll!

Never owned a plastic 120, not sure I will but had I seen that Holga in that heap'a goods in front'a that apt, I'd be on my mantel for sure! Things like that need to be saved'n appreciated. Glad you got it movin again!
    Andy

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Riehl View Post
    Attachment 73653

Picked up this little "beauty". It's the best condition I've ever found a thrift store toy camera in. 50mm f/6 lens, plastic viewfinder (as usual on these kind of things), and a hot shoe. It came with a leather strap and a little plastic/leather case as well. The lens stops at f/6 (cloudy), f/8 (partly cloudly), f/11 (sunny), and f/16 (sunnier).

I haven't finished my roll of film yet, but I'll upload some photos once I do. I have an expired roll of 36 exposure Kodak Ultra Gold (100 ISO) loaded into it.
    These cameras are pretty ubiquitous though it's hard to find two with the same name. Check out my Flickr group:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/color-optical-lens

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    These cameras are pretty ubiquitous though it's hard to find two with the same name. Check out my Flickr group:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/color-optical-lens
    Nice group! When is a camera "eligible"? When it's plastic, the lens is a 50 mm and named "color optical lens"? (sounds like fun collecting)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an Imperial Debonair "toy" medium format camera made by the Herbert George Company of Chicago, Illinois. It takes 120 film respooled onto 620 spools. I estimate it's probably about 50 years old or so. It still works and takes decent pictures outside. Haven't tried it with a flash indoors as it takes flash bulbs. I've thought about a bank of LEDs though for a supplemental light source instead of a flash. It looks like this one http://www.etsy.com/listing/12921610...Fc5FMgod4DkAag except it's maroon and has fewer scratches on it. I dare to say it's "Minty"

There is another version of this camera (only the decals are different) that was the official Cub Scout Camera.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Not exactly the definition of "toy," but I recently purchased an Agfa Clack that I found on Craigslist for a few bucks and put into good working condition in an hour or so of tinkering with a decades-dry shutter. I've run a couple of test rolls through it and will know how good/bad the images look when I get into the darkroom.

I like it so much I found another cheap Clack deal on e-Bay and am awaiting its arrival. I plan to covert it to a pinhole camera. These are pretty ideal for a quick Frankencamera adaptation.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Picked up a Canon Snappy S for $1.59. Does that count as a toy? 35mm/f4.5 fixed.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin