Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,440   Online: 1083

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have three words for this camera, and they are eccoed by my wife (a first I might add): "I want one"

My kids have Mini 50s' and love them to bits. And I can understand why. They want to make scrap books and diaries (girls). And the instax system fits the bill nicely. And at social gatherings they get to give away prints. Much like I do with my Polaroids at parties. Much to the pleasure of friends and family. Even more so nowadays, when hardly anybody ever sees a print if it is not on a wall at a gallery.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can you get Instax film locally? And if, even the Mini version?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While the Instax cameras are out of my budget, if they did a similar re-design in the wide format I'd be seriously tempted.
    Truzi

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    There are 5+ shops that carry Instax in my local area, FWIW. I've seen it at major big-box stores on down to the little mom-n-pop used photo stores in the neighborhood.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I pretty much only see Mini versions in stock. Local shops don't carry wide, which is the one I prefer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    they need to make some instax (wide) b&w film! and while the last design of the instax camera looked like globular leftovers from a sperm bank, I think the whole new 'vintage' thing is really gimmicky and in my opinion, a little tacky. but that's just my opinion and doesn't seem to agree with the rest of popculture today that insists that everything must look 'vintage'

Shooter
    35mm
    If they want 'vintage' it would have to have full manual control of exposure. Even if it only has a 3 element f8 lens give us user selectable shutter speeds and aperture control. That with the instax wide format would be true retro and you could actually sell some to people who care.

Oh yeah, what Alex said too, B&W

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin