Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,550   Online: 894

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you can find film for 250 , continue to use it. They have excellent Cooke Triplet clone and you can never find its qualities at a japanese lens. Its soft at the color and wildly sharp at bw and soft at the portraits. Think , you are using a camera made by the people WHO invented the film.
    These old cameras are priceless and triplet lens is a big chance to own.

If you want to change your camera and move to film World , use a 250 dollars old Rollei with ZEISS TRIOTAR lens. Its a triplet and may be the best lens in the World. Invest time at flickr and try to see the qualities of that lens.

Other suggestion is more expensive zeiss ikon camera with ZEISS TESSAR lens , its four element.

Shooter
    35mm
    now that's some serious insight. Truth is, I know nothing about lens design, and while I can look at pictures, I'm not sure what to be looking for when comparing to other designs, would you recommend a reading on lens design?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Honestly, it's cheap as hell, so I'm going for a Polaroid Big Shot whenever I can find one I can afford. I know I can use Fuji FP-3000b in shade and Fuji FP-100b or FP-100c in daylight. I'd hate to have to buy flash cubes, effectively doubling the price to shoot. That's why I'm concerned with the film types.
    Check out my website!

Yashica T4, Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Yashica-D.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nathan, do you know how to compensate exposure when using the spacers on the Universal/600 for macro work?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    No, I've never done any sort of medium format macro photography. I'm just a fashion/portrait/event photographer.
    Check out my website!

Yashica T4, Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Yashica-D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin