Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,887   Online: 1016

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

P/N 55 Portraits at Polaroid Gallery, Who was the photographer ?

I saw some african american women portraits at polaroid gallery years ago , subjects were at the tone of iron meteorites black, I did not see a better black in my life. Who was the photographer , he was using a rodenstock lens.

Umut

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa could you describe the image in more detail. Marsha Burns comes to mind when I think Polaroid and Afro American

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Its been long time , before the 55 collapse , its about photographing pitch black persons with deepest blacks I have ever seen. If you see these pictures , you quickly identify my point. I think photographer was male and havent covered in google well at that time.

Thank you.
    Umut

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Had no luck looking trough my Polaroid collection catalogue only found Marsha Burns. But Polaroid P/N 55 was known for it's creamy tone and good blacks. Still grieve it's demise and hope for it's ressurection. The old Seagull paper plus P/N would give superb blacks add selenium toning and you're in heaven.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin