Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,060   Posts: 1,561,629   Online: 986

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No Instax film in the local Saturn over here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Hope I don't sound stupid for asking this but…Does this film need to be shielded from light when it is ejected from the camera like the others did?
    I'm not sure which film you are talking about?

The Impossible color film hasn't needed that for a while now, and the latest improvements to that were more related to improving the color.

They just (today) released the new black and white:

With newly developed chemistry, the latest edition to the Impossible family of films boasts faster development time and significantly improved stability, contrast, and overall performance.
    I'm not sure if it still needs to be shielded or not, it doesn't mention anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Hope I don't sound stupid for asking this but…Does this film need to be shielded from light when it is ejected from the camera like the others did?
    Supposedly the new "Color Protection" films from Impossible doesn't need shielding, no. According to their website: "Thanks to the innovative color protection formula there is no need to immediately shield your photos from direct light."

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "no need to immediately shield"

Well, that could be interpreted as the necessity to shield them nevertheless. Though with some tolerance concerning the immediateness.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    AFAIK since they went to 'color protection' with the color film (last generation) you didn't have to immediately shield it when it came out of the camera and the new color formula is the same. I shot a pack of the older stuff and never did that. But you are supposed to let it develop in the dark for the 30 minutes, in a drawer or a pocket or whatever.

Per the Impossible blog the newly released black and white still needs to be shielded:

But you still have to shield it from light when it’s ejected from the camera, right?

The light sensitivity of all of our film materials is created by classical silver halide emulsions. When the picture comes out of the camera, the siver halide crystals in the negative are still light sensitive, despite some protection by what we call an opacification dye in the paste.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    "no need to immediately shield"

Well, that could be interpreted as the necessity to shield them nevertheless. Though with some tolerance concerning the immediateness.
    I think that's exactly what it means. With their first version film, I had a lightproof black bag that fit over the ejection snout of my 600 camera. The picture ejected directly into the bag. It was that sensitive. It didn't matter much; stability turned out to be the greater problem. So I'll be more interested in those improvements.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p0001_04.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	243.8 KB 
ID:	77715
    10/2010, 11/2013

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin