Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,603   Online: 1123
      
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,172
    Images
    56

    Instant Film is Addictive!!

    I just got back from a holiday in Xi'an China. I bought both my kids Fuji Instax cameras and gave them 5 boxes of film. I swear those cameras are just amazingly fun. I had to really restrain myself from using them too much. I snapped a few shots with them and just love waiting for that film to develop. I may have to try this new Instax Neo, which is a much more serious Instax camera.

    My shooting was nearly 20 rolls of various 35mm and 120 film, but I have a long wait to see what all comes out with that, unlike my kids shots!

    I really want to get into instant film.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,286
    Images
    21
    That's great---nice introduction to a fun dimension of film photography. And isn't Xi'an an enjoyable place? I had a great time wandering around the night market and the Muslim quarter when I was there a few years back.

    -NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

    The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,172
    Images
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    That's great---nice introduction to a fun dimension of film photography. And isn't Xi'an an enjoyable place? I had a great time wandering around the night market and the Muslim quarter when I was there a few years back.

    -NT
    Xi'an is a pretty dirty city so that was a bit of a shock to us. Dust and dirt everywhere. Plus we went during a national holiday which meant ENORMOUS crowds. Not the most relaxing trip we have taken, but we're still glad we went.

  4. #4
    Fixcinater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Posts
    1,025
    Images
    24
    Instax is great, I very much enjoy having that camera around for fun shots that I likely would never have printed if shot on roll film.

    I hope they release a similarly enhanced Instax Wide camera to match the Neo.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,172
    Images
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixcinater View Post
    Instax is great, I very much enjoy having that camera around for fun shots that I likely would never have printed if shot on roll film.

    I hope they release a similarly enhanced Instax Wide camera to match the Neo.
    Yes, that is what I hope for too. However, I think Fujifilm is waiting to see the results of the Neo mini camera to see how well it sells. That's making me think that even though I want the wide, I should get the mini.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    233
    Glad to hear you had a great time! I'm now waiting for them to release an update to the instax wide camera!!! Its LONG over due!!!

  7. #7
    hoffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,942
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    57
    I have just spent the last 2 weeks in Malaysia. I am really very suprised by the number of ads I have seen on TV for Instax Camera's.

    The sure are popular over here!

  8. #8
    AgX
    AgX is online now

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,964
    I only know of two photo-shops over here where Instax cameras are on the shelves.
    Shops are very reluctant to order Instax films or cameras. With reason! They need a large population around of people informed of that system. And that is missing at most places.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,172
    Images
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I only know of two photo-shops over here where Instax cameras are on the shelves.
    Shops are very reluctant to order Instax films or cameras. With reason! They need a large population around of people informed of that system. And that is missing at most places.

    Buy one and get out there shooting!!


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    9
    Ahhh........so close to getting an Instax Wide 210........found a really good bargain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin