Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,182   Online: 977

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    I consider instant photography to be in the 'point and shoot' digital image category; not intended for 'Serious Photography'.
    I hope never to turn into a "serious" photographer...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Let's see: ... flash is on 100% of the time
    The last few versions of the Kodak Instant Cameras were flash every time. Film contrast was a little high and adding full time fill-in flash greatly improved image quality.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Looks like I have 3 choices for instant cameras.

1. The new Instax Neo. Pros: finally a serious camera from Fujifilm. Cons: Small images. No monochrome.
    2. Instax 210. Pros: Nice sized photographs. Great color. Cons: A joke of a camera, no monochrome.
    3. A Polaroid Land camera: Pros: both color and monochrome. Good image size. Cons: Old camera, hard to find in China, questionable reliability.

Tough call.....each option has an appeal to me.
    You could also shoot instant in a "serious" camera. Peel-apart Fuji in my Speed Graphic is a lot of fun, and a lot easier than stuffing Instax into 4x5 holders individually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To me, neither the equipment nor the film define "serious" photography; rather it is the intent of the photographer and the images produced.

In 2006 I was in Yosemite and had my SX-70 with me. I made a photo of El Capitan and of Half Dome that impressed me with the creaminess and tone of the colors - right then I knew I had two keepers (which I later scanned and enlarged to 8x10). These two are among my very favorite photos that I've made over the last 30 years with various formats and media. I suppose if I'd used 35mm, or whatever - even digital, I might be able to tweak the results to look similar -- but I knew the shots had an amazing look right after I took them.
    (I will disable my signature after 20 posts)
    Nikon: F, F2 x3, F2S x2, F3/T x2, F4S x2, FM, FM3a, D700
    Canon: AE-1P, RebelG x2, Elan 7NE, QL17GIII, Canonet 28
    Leica: M3 x2, M6 x2
    Exakta: VX x3
    Hasselblad: 500C/M, 501C, SWC, 553ELX
    Mamiya: RB67 Pro S x2
    Polaroid: SX-70, SLR 690, Image 1200
    Other: Pentax SP500, Ricoh GR1, Minolta Maxxum 7, Graflex Pacemaker 4x5, Fuji X-Pro1
    Lenses: way too many to list

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ratty - did you ever snag an instant camera? I got my oldest a 250 land camera for his birthday and loved his shots so much I found a 360 for myself but am having some issues with it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Polaroid Polagraph 400. Miss it terribly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kristen 3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marie Consindas and Andy Warhol has been doing serious work. When I shot professionally back in the day, I only use Polaroid to proof for the "real" film. I'm not Consindas nor Warhol, but Polaroids by them are precious art objects.

http://www.artinamericamagazine.com/...rie-consindas/
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin