Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,874   Online: 969

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    I consider instant photography to be in the 'point and shoot' digital image category; not intended for 'Serious Photography'.
    I hope never to turn into a "serious" photographer...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Let's see: ... flash is on 100% of the time
    The last few versions of the Kodak Instant Cameras were flash every time. Film contrast was a little high and adding full time fill-in flash greatly improved image quality.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Looks like I have 3 choices for instant cameras.

1. The new Instax Neo. Pros: finally a serious camera from Fujifilm. Cons: Small images. No monochrome.
    2. Instax 210. Pros: Nice sized photographs. Great color. Cons: A joke of a camera, no monochrome.
    3. A Polaroid Land camera: Pros: both color and monochrome. Good image size. Cons: Old camera, hard to find in China, questionable reliability.

Tough call.....each option has an appeal to me.
    You could also shoot instant in a "serious" camera. Peel-apart Fuji in my Speed Graphic is a lot of fun, and a lot easier than stuffing Instax into 4x5 holders individually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To me, neither the equipment nor the film define "serious" photography; rather it is the intent of the photographer and the images produced.

In 2006 I was in Yosemite and had my SX-70 with me. I made a photo of El Capitan and of Half Dome that impressed me with the creaminess and tone of the colors - right then I knew I had two keepers (which I later scanned and enlarged to 8x10). These two are among my very favorite photos that I've made over the last 30 years with various formats and media. I suppose if I'd used 35mm, or whatever - even digital, I might be able to tweak the results to look similar -- but I knew the shots had an amazing look right after I took them.
    Nikon: F, F2 x3, F2S x2, F3/T x2, F4S x2, FM, FM3a, D700
    Canon: AE-1P, RebelG x2, Elan 7NE, QL17GIII, Canonet 28
    Leica: M3 x2, M6 x2
    Exakta: VX x3
    Hasselblad: 500C/M, 501C, SWC, 553ELX
    Mamiya: RB67 Pro S x2
    Polaroid: SX-70, SLR 690, Image 1200
    Other: Pentax SP500, Ricoh GR1, Minolta Maxxum 7, Graflex Pacemaker 4x5, Fuji X-Pro1
    Lenses: way too many to list

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ratty - did you ever snag an instant camera? I got my oldest a 250 land camera for his birthday and loved his shots so much I found a 360 for myself but am having some issues with it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Polaroid Polagraph 400. Miss it terribly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kristen 3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marie Consindas and Andy Warhol has been doing serious work. When I shot professionally back in the day, I only use Polaroid to proof for the "real" film. I'm not Consindas nor Warhol, but Polaroids by them are precious art objects.

http://www.artinamericamagazine.com/...rie-consindas/
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the Polaroid 100, metal body and tripod ready. Do a battery conversion and the only problem is you will occasionally find one with a bad electronic board easy to make a pin hole camera out of those. clean the rollers, and start shooting. The 110 a and B's are the Cadillac's. The only tools I use are a hacksaw and file, mine may not be as pretty as the pro's conversations but they work great. Only problem is finding the camera for a decent price with a good lens, then get a back, I have even used backs from the 100's, a lot more work testing and fitting. Plus lots of information to be found on line.
    David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Last edited by aRolleiBrujo; 08-23-2014 at 12:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin