Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,878   Online: 886

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Serious Photography with Instant Film

As i mentioned in a separate thread, my exposure (heh heh) to instant film via my kids Instax cameras has led me to want to dive into this area. What options are available to me to get serious about instant photography? I am talking about Fuji's "peel apart" film I think as I know most of my Instax options. It's not clear to me what cameras use this type of film, besides large format cameras that use this as an analogue "chimping" before firing off a piece of LF film.

For travel/street photography, what cameras can use instant film? I'm not interested in IP film due to excessive cost/lowish quality.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Polaroid cameras are cheap and common. There are lots of options. I'm a big fan of the Automatic 100. I see most of the later models as cheaper versions of that. It was the first in the format, had a glass lens, a coupled rangefinder, and could be attached to a tripod. I've seen them in working condition, except for the battery, for as low as $10. They just need a modification to use modern batteries.

The Land List contains a huge amount of information about Polaroid cameras in all formats. You would be interested in the packfilm type cameras that take 100 series film if you want to use Fuji film.

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landhome.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Buy an 100 series one , it is serious , converable to film and extremelly beatiful with a excellent lens.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If I am not wrong there is a polaroid camera with a rodenstock lens , if you can find film , it is even better than Leica lenses , that excellent camera. If you can convert to 4x5 film , they sell it for 2500 dollars.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Rodenstock - Ysarex 127mm 1:4.7 / Polaroid 110a

I have just bid for the lens at ebay.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Dear RattyMouse,

get this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Land-.../dp/0821207296

Bests,

David
    www.dsallem.de

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As a side note, I have a Polaroid 110b (Alpenhause)...Rodenstock lens, ground glass, takes 4x5 holders, mint.

I guess I'll be accused of hijacking but I'm selling it and for considerably less than $2500!!

In any case, that's one option but Polaroid 360's take the 100 and 3000 speed Fuji instant film. I've been looking for one myself after seeing what a friend's done with it. Pretty fascinating stuff!
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to the camera mall soon to look at what Polaroids are available. 2 floors of used camera shops, should be something there.

Shooter
    35mm
    'Serious Photography with Instant Film' sounds like an oxymoron to me. Back when I worked on instant photographic systems we used to say that 'an excellent instant photo is one you wished you had taken on real film'.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin