Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,731   Posts: 1,515,255   Online: 827

Shooter
    35mm

Shooting Instax Wide Film in a Fuji GW690II

Hi. I have an odd question. I want to try to shoot Instax Wide film in a Fuji GW690II. There are two problems with this and I was hoping you might at least help me with at least one of them.

So far, I know I'll need to load and unload the camera in the dark, pretty easy.

Problem 1 - I'm not sure how to get the camera to fire without advancing actual film through it. This may require something rather complex, and I don't expect there an easy answer for it. Too bad there isn't a double exposure lever or something.

Problem 2 - I'll need to "process" the film once I make the exposure. Can I use a rolling pin or something like that to break the chemical pack and spread it? Would it be easier to shove it through the rollers of another polaroid camera?

Any advice you can offer would be great. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    some people really like to do things the hard way, but I think this borders on the impossible. Just mashing the film with a rolling pin, for one, strikes me as pretty near impossible, and the mechanics of shoving it through an old polaroid's rollers seems just a titch difficult to arrange.

But what the heck, give it a shot. does that film even fit inside the fuji?

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I shoot Instax Wide (and 600/SX70 Polaroid/Impossible) every so often, but I use a Speed Graphic and put the individual pieces of film into a 4x5 film holder. Once shot, I put them back into a pack, then into an Instax camera and cover the lens so it doesn't get another exposure.

Processing through another format wouldn't work, Instax is the widest of all of them and I believe the Polaroid spec for space between rollers is not the same as Instax.

The rolling pin/pencil for processing does sort of work, but it's not reliable enough for me to want to use it.

Shooter
    35mm
    The film area of Instax Wide is 62mm x 99mm, which is essentially the 6x9 format of the Fuji. Just an experiment. I just want to try it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ckpj99 View Post
    The film area of Instax Wide is 62mm x 99mm, which is essentially the 6x9 format of the Fuji. Just an experiment. I just want to try it.
    The actual picture unit size is 86 x 108 mm, so you need room for that.

No question about it, the best way to process would be in a Fuji Instax Wide camera; no other camera will work.

It's not impossible to use a rolling pin to get some sort of result, but remember it must all be done in the dark. Your results will vary from try to try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it possible rollers from a Kodak The Handle camera, or similar, would work?
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    The Instax Wide is a different size. The Kodak Instant Film picture size is about 96 x 100 mm

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As long as the rollers are wide enough to take the Instax sheet. All Polaroid rollers I know are spring loaded, thus the sheet thickness should not be a major issue.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin