Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,475   Posts: 1,570,987   Online: 847

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polaroid??

Shooter
    35mm

homemade INSTANT CAMERA FILM..

ANYONE ANYONE?? I SAW A GUY DO IT WITH PHOTOGRAPHIC PAPER BUT I WANNA DO IT ON PLASTIC O ITS

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    What model did you buy Pasukaru?

Shooter
    Large Format
    The correct back is the Fuji PA-145 or the Polaroid 405. Either will take Fuji Fp-100c instant film and will fit on most view cameras and press cameras.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    The correct back is the Fuji PA-145 or the Polaroid 405. Either will take Fuji Fp-100c instant film and will fit on most view cameras and press cameras.
    Or the Fuji PA-45 back or Polaroid 550 backif you want to use the full 4x5 size Fuji/Polaroid pack film.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Or the Fuji PA-45 back or Polaroid 550 backif you want to use the full 4x5 size Fuji/Polaroid pack film.
    Just remember full size film is no longer available.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    Just remember full size film is no longer available.
    In America but japan still has it. And eBay had tons, but it certainly is more expensive, then again, more image surface area.

But certainly the PA-145 back and film is easier to come by.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    In America but japan still has it. And eBay had tons, but it certainly is more expensive, then again, more image surface area.

But certainly the PA-145 back and film is easier to come by.
    I don't know about you, but i don't want to pay fifty bucks for a pack of ten sheets of film that I might not be able to get tomorrow.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    I don't know about you, but i don't want to pay fifty bucks for a pack of ten sheets of film that I might not be able to get tomorrow.
    Well, I did (it was only $30 at the time hehe) and it's a lot of fun to shoot, but I'm shifting gears a lot, and getting rid of a lot of my gear to focus on what is most important to me so I just don't need it and won't use it like I used to use it.

I have a PA-145 and PA-45 and getting rid of that one and an extra pack of film, I still have a bunch of the FP-3000B left so I'm holding into the PA-145 for now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    Yes, you can use a Polaroid back on a 4x5 camera, but unless you want to be scrounging for film on eBay, be sure to get the sort of back that accepts 4.25 x 3.375 (image area: 3.75 x 2.875) pack film such as FP-100C or the just-discontinued FP-3000B. The full 4x5 packfilm and sheetfilm that go in the larger 4x5 Polaroid backs are no longer available fresh from anyone.
    At the risk of hijacking this thread a bit, how do people reliably frame shots on 4x5 with this smaller-format film? I'm about 2 packs into my 4x5 instant adventure but I frequently mis-frame: how can I add the right lines to my ground glass?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    unity: I made a cardboard template to put over my ground glass. Or you could perhaps mark it off with a china marker or a dry-erase marker. I found that for portraits, putting the person's head right in the middle of the frame seemed to work, but your mileage may vary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin