Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,043   Online: 836

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polaroid??

Shooter
    Medium Format

Polaroid??

Hello,

I own a Polaroid Land 250, but I'm not happy with it... the focus isn't precise and I would like to control the exposure and deep of field like a normal film camera. Please, can you suggest to me some good completely manual polaroid camera with a good lens that fit with the modern polaroid film?

About polaroid format : is always the same format or there are choice like in the film (35mm, 120mm ecc...) ?

Regards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Polarod SE 600

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    180, 190, 195 are manual.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mamiya Universal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    to answer the second part of your question -- no, you are stuck with the limited number of polaroid (now fuji, actually) instant films that fit that camera. It can't be easily adapted for any other film format.

If you shop around you can find a polaroid 180 for a coupla hundred dollars. Their rangefinders are made by Zeiss and are quite good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    what about if a get a 4x5 camera with a polaroid film older? Is it a bad idea?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, you can use a Polaroid back on a 4x5 camera, but unless you want to be scrounging for film on eBay, be sure to get the sort of back that accepts 4.25 x 3.375 (image area: 3.75 x 2.875) pack film such as FP-100C or the just-discontinued FP-3000B. The full 4x5 packfilm and sheetfilm that go in the larger 4x5 Polaroid backs are no longer available fresh from anyone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    Yes, you can use a Polaroid back on a 4x5 camera, but unless you want to be scrounging for film on eBay, be sure to get the sort of back that accepts 4.25 x 3.375 (image area: 3.75 x 2.875) pack film such as FP-100C or the just-discontinued FP-3000B. The full 4x5 packfilm and sheetfilm that go in the larger 4x5 Polaroid backs are no longer available fresh from anyone.
    Perfect! What model should I look? I would like get a good camera...but not a super expensive one, for good I mean solid, not too big , and with all the movemnet that a large format camera can give for enjoy the format and be useful for architectonics pics...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want a relatively inexpensive and light 4x5 camera with full movements for architectural photography, I'd suggest a Tachihara field camera (which will cost you about $500-$600), but they're also made by Shen Hao, Wista, and other makers. There are many options out there. If you don't need many movements besides a bit of rise, I'd suggest a Graflex Crown Graphic press camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes, there are many models, for this take one is very difficult, the graflex is soo cheap... I m looking around for more information!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin