Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,097   Online: 1104

Thread: Polachrome?

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Polachrome?

There's a supply of Polachrome (Polaroid's 35mm slide film) on eBay at the moment, expired 2001, which I suppose is the best I can hope for. I know it's a crapshoot, but I'm totally interested.

Can anyone share firsthand experience shooting this stuff expired? What about the film processor? I think I'll need one of those too...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, a low odds crapshoot. Not so much because of the film but rather the age of the chemistry in the processing pack. Yes, you will need a processor as well. Two kinds, manual crank and motorized.
    I'd probably take a chance up to $20 but only with the processing pack included. Just a roll of film by itself will get you nowhere.
    It was great while it lasted, I really enjoyed this media.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just noticed this on the North Chicago Craigslist.
    search for LOT OF FILM SLIDE ITEMS - $18 (GLENVIEW, IL.)

If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I shot a lot of Polachrome and even 2 or 3 months expired was a problem. As Kenny says it's the packs that are the issue. A beautiful look at the time, but I wouldn't buy it now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin