Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,958   Online: 776

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

New Fuji Instax 210

I received a Fuji Instax 210 for Christmas and I love it. I had a Polaroid Swinger a hundred years ago when I was a kid and I'd forgotten how much fun instant photography can be. And now, instead of the usual negative scans that I post in the gallery since I haven't been able to print in the darkroom in years, I might actually get to post a scan of a real live print - if I can stop myself from giving them away (which is half the fun).
    Louis
    (Paladin1420)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you're having fun with it. I've been tempted to pick one up a few times. Maybe next year.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats! It's a fun format! The results can be pretty good once you get the hang o fit. I wish that it was easier to do close focusing though
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I plan on getting a Wide 210 soon. They are pretty cheap on Amazon (from Amazon). I'd love to use them at events because people don't expect prints right away at a Social Media event.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    If you shoot 4x5 or larger, you can use the Instax film in that. Pull the film out of the pack and shoot then reinsert into another pack for processing through the camera. Looks good with a nice lens, the film is able to hold a lot more detail than the 210's lens provides.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixcinater View Post
    If you shoot 4x5 or larger, you can use the Instax film in that. Pull the film out of the pack and shoot then reinsert into another pack for processing through the camera. Looks good with a nice lens, the film is able to hold a lot more detail than the 210's lens provides.
    I hadn't thought of that. I don't have access to a 4x5 these days but maybe now I'll get back into it. I was wondering about the detail available in the rather large image space of the Wide film vs. the essentially toy lens on the 210 camera. Maybe what I have is a processing unit for 4x5 instant film.
    Louis
    (Paladin1420)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    I plan on getting a Wide 210 soon. They are pretty cheap on Amazon (from Amazon). I'd love to use them at events because people don't expect prints right away at a Social Media event.
    When I use one of my film cameras at an event the usual reaction is a bit of curiosity, the inevitable "you mean they still make film?" and then most folks just avoid me like the old crank that I am . With the 210 the reaction has been more like "where can I get one?". The picture popping up out of the top of the camera just seems to tickle folks.
    Louis
    (Paladin1420)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin1420 View Post
    When I use one of my film cameras at an event the usual reaction is a bit of curiosity, the inevitable "you mean they still make film?" and then most folks just avoid me like the old crank that I am . With the 210 the reaction has been more like "where can I get one?". The picture popping up out of the top of the camera just seems to tickle folks.
    HA. Yeah, unfortunately turn around time for photos is pretty much over night, so no film shooting for me (unless it's for fun). But, the Instax would make these SM people go gaga.

Shooter
    35mm
    I love the Instax cameras even though I have six or 7 Polaroids (Land Cameras, SX-70 and a One Step 600). I like it because it's super inepensive and like you said, you can shoot and hand someone a shot and not feel like you've lost anything.

I've taken mine out to the park or river when shooting film and shot strangers with their permission and handed them the shot after.

I was looking at the 210 myself since I shoot the larger peel format and 600 series instants. I have an older Polaroid PIC-300 which uses the Instax smaller format, and then on a whim (and when it was on sale on top of a sale) I got the imported Fuji Instax Mini 90. Loving it, but still want the wide too. Fun stuff these.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin