Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,657   Online: 675

Shooter
    Multi Format

New to Polaroid, my first shot and... dear or dear... what is this?

I have just bought a nice Polaroid Pathfinder 110b converted to pack film. The seller also included two packs of FP3000B (still fresh - use before 04-2014). I was so excited to take my first shot... and so much less excited to see the outcome. All I can see is the big white circle. I took 3 pictures at different exposures/apertures and all came out the same - plain white circle. It seems to me I loaded the film correctly, developing according to instructions - 15 seconds. Nothing obviously wrong in the camera (or in the process), but still get this... any ideas what's wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	441.0 KB 
ID:	82982

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not sure you problem,, but I always developed mine for a long time, up too a few hours at a wedding. But i always let them go at least 1 min.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there an exposure setting on your camera? It looks like it was tremendously over-exposed (hence the pure white), so if the camera thought the ISO of the film was low (ie, 100) and you're shooting with 3200, I can see where some of the problem might have come from... maybe?

Shooter
    Instant Films
    It looks to me like a problem with the lens, since the exposure is not covering the full image area. Do you have the bellows fully extended to the locking point? Is the front element in place and tightened?

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    +1. looks like bellows not fully extended.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes, that was the issue - bellows not fully extended. it works fine now, thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yup, have fun with the FP3000B, stuff is discontinued and at $20 a pack!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    Yup, have fun with the FP3000B, stuff is discontinued and at $20 a pack!
    yep, i know, i have just bought all remaining 30 packs at macodirect...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin