Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,751   Online: 1019

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Just finished putting together this land pack camera with a 127mm Kodak Ektar lens!

It's alive!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6709.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	85294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6714.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	85295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6715.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	85296

Spent a good part of this sunny Sunday butchering this old and dead polaroid 320.
    Removed all the innards and electronics, then had to modify the "front standard" to accept the larger bore of the lens and flange.

Though this lens and shutter are about 80 years old the shutter works nicely on all speeds (and off by a hefty margin on all speeds...).

Spent the rest of the afternoon shooting some old FP3000b (new material coming in next week), this is just so much fun.
    Its hard to explain the difference between the plastic lens this camera originally had, and what the glass of this trashy old Ektar can do.

I know i should have taken pictures of the build - promise to do that for the next frankenpolaroid.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice work. I recently converted my Polaroid 250 using a tominon 127mm f4.7 lens from Option8.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1396227642470.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    V-E-R-Y I-N-T-E-R-E-S-T-I-N-G.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent. I also did something similar a few years ago..

Name:	6435971475_4584f992b9_o.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	85303

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toan View Post
    Nice work. I recently converted my Polaroid 250 using a tominon 127mm f4.7 lens from Option8.
    Have you made any modifications to the focusing?
    I find that on the camera i just posted above the focus is off when focusing on closer things.
    If you have - how did you solve this?
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whelp I know what I'm doing to the next Pack camera I find, holding onto it until I can get a LF lens and hack it on!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    It's alive!

Name:	IMG_6709.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	85294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6714.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	85295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6715.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	85296

Spent a good part of this sunny Sunday butchering this old and dead polaroid 320.
    Removed all the innards and electronics, then had to modify the "front standard" to accept the larger bore of the lens and flange.

Though this lens and shutter are about 80 years old the shutter works nicely on all speeds (and off by a hefty margin on all speeds...).

Spent the rest of the afternoon shooting some old FP3000b (new material coming in next week), this is just so much fun.
    Its hard to explain the difference between the plastic lens this camera originally had, and what the glass of this trashy old Ektar can do.

I know i should have taken pictures of the build - promise to do that for the next frankenpolaroid.
    According to the "C-A-M-E-R-O-S-I-T-Y" code, your Ektar lens was manufactured in 1943, so it's only 70 years of age (just like me. ) Really cool hack.

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Name:	IMG_7520.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	85719
    Upgraded version with self cocking prontor and Ysaron lens.
    This time around the rangefinder is spot on (and so are the shutter speeds). Both were severely off with the previous lens and shutter.

Now - off to make more of these....
    CatLABS of JP

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin