Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,547   Online: 982

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 250 Score!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

250 Score!!

Stopped at a country antique store today while out riding in the Jeep, and he had two. This one was priced at $150 "because that's what they are online."

Offered him $50 and he bit.

Really clean, and the strap isn't even undone. I think it will work... At least I hope so. There's $50 riding on that "magic eye"!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399151824.431731.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	87303

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399151841.949141.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	87304

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399151855.999203.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	270.4 KB 
ID:	87305

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you ever have trouble with the shutter...http://www.apug.org/forums/forum234/...er-repair.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My $50 gamble paid off! I used the battery insert from a $5 LED flashlight with three AAA batts, and it works!

Shutter works well, magic eye seems accurate, and the switches move easily.

Can't wait to get more pack film! It's been a while since I've shot it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome! These cameras sure are fun!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So my gamble really did pay off. It works perfectly. Now I just have to figure out how to nail the exposures.

Is it me, or are all the 250's in the dark side if the exposure scale?? This is my second one and it's just like the first! DARK!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399328078.141177.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	286.9 KB 
ID:	87442

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399328089.261367.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	87443

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All those shots are backlit and in the shade.

Try one with even, front lighting
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Here are the things to check

1. Make sure that you've got the film speed dial set correctly in front. There's not a "100" setting, so set it for either "75" or "150".
    2. Make sure that the exposure compensation dial (the black/white dial) is set correctly. Start in the center, half way between white and black. If you've set the film speed dial to 75, cheat the dial a little dark, and vice versa if you've set the film speed to 150.
    3. Set the scene selector to the correct setting. In this case, "outdoors without flash"
    4. VERY IMPORTANT: make sure you are getting full exposure from the shutter. Don't just push the red shutter button: squeeze it down and hold it! Those cameras can have a maximum exposure time of as long as 5 seconds, but if you let go of the button the shutter will close even if the proper exposure has not been reached. Always hold the shutter button down for a second or two every time you take a picture - in low light you will hear the shutter open and close.
    5. Lastly, the light sensors drift over time, so each camera will meter a little differently. After you've shot with a few packs of film, you might find that your camera tends to consistently over or under expose. Just adjust the light/dark dial accordingly.

good luck! They are indeed great cameras.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Oh, and p.s Matt is absolutely right. Those pack film cameras HATE back lighting. Always have the light incident upon the subject.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's set on 75, and u have it turned 1/4 towards lighten. It's set on outdoors without flash too. And I squeezed the button. I always pause a second or two to make sure the shutter closed.

My last 250 was the same way though, or maybe I just haven't mastered the exposure thing with this model.

If all the Polaroids, the EE 100 I think with the "extended range" is my favorite. I also really live the 420. But for ease of focusing these Zeiss finders are tips!

What's easier to nail, set on 150, or set on 75? What happens if you rate it at 50?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I got home today and decided to just crank it all the way to lighten. Same time of day. Same shaded area of the yard, although the sun was to my back. But there was bright spots on the house.

Much better with it all the way cranked to lighten.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399412797.760940.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	87499

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin