Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,661   Posts: 1,623,886   Online: 874

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see a fair amount of Instax around here as well. Strangely, it tends to be found with the digital cameras, whereas traditional film is in the photofinishing department.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, Instax film is fairly plentiful here in Ontario!

I have decided to back this project, and put enough money to get my own Black edition of the camera, and in addition to that I was contacted by Lomography (they've done an article on my work before) to even test the camera!

Looking forward to this!!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see the INSTAX Neo 90 everywhere. It appears that this camera is a huge hit as well for Fujifilm. I'm tempted to pick up one of these.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I also backed for a black one. I've been having fun with an Instax mini 50S but really looking forward to having manual controls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You never go short on the instax mini films. That's reassuring

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not to coast too off topic but...I would be a bit more excited if Instax film required a negative, like the peel apart films or Impossible films, so that they supported more film manufacturing...afaik, Instax is purely a chemical process.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It employs a negative.

As other integral colour instant films do so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, so I finally had the chance to take it out for a spin, and what do you know, I love this camera! Still working out some of the nuances, especially the various modes, and how it shoots under different conditions. I can see myself carrying this around more.

Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got the limited Edition, even if I changed my pledge to a San Remo version. But no problem, same camera, different colour scheme. It is fun to use, but the results are not onpar with the Fuji Mini 50 (my children have one each). The lens is typical toy camera, and vignettes considerably. Also very un-sharp off centre, and has considerable pin cushion distortion. But I rather like it none the less. Manual controls (f8 to f32). 1/60s or bulb. Flash or no flash. Multiple exposures, no problem. Tripod mount (portrait orientation). Threaded release cable socket. Close focusing down to under 0.4m. And of course additional lens adapters to be had. Kit came with close focus lens and gels for flash, quick guide, and a set of example shots with exposure tips. All in all a nice package.

A few examples:

Nyhavn by Eirik0304, on Flickr

Smena Symbol by Eirik0304, on Flickr

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin