Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,385   Online: 763

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Brownie hawkeye flash adapter...

Somewhere I remember seeing a Web page that had a DIY flash adapter. Does anyone know the link?

Or has anyone built an adapter for a Brownie Hawkeye? I'd like to try and hook up a radio trigger to fire cheap hot shoe flashes off camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes! !! Thank you!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let us know how it works out

Shooter
    35mm

wow

Adding strobe capability is a great project but I think I will stick to flashbulbs. But I agree how sharp these old box cameras can be. I have negatives and prints from my original camera. a Brownie Reflex (circ 1949) and am amazed how sharp they are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I flipped the lens in one of my three. It's my favorite one to use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You might also consider this adapter. I bought one and found it to work well on my Duaflex III. Checking just now I find that it will fit the Brownie Hawkeye Flash as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denverdad View Post
    You might also consider this adapter. I bought one and found it to work well on my Duaflex III. Checking just now I find that it will fit the Brownie Hawkeye Flash as well.
    Awesome!!!! Just bought one. I'm sure the materials to build my own who have cost just the same or more.

The lingering question is if it will send a signal to the simple radio trigger, and sync with the camera??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It works!!! It works!!!! Now to put some film in the hawkeye and see how good it syncs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Christopher, the nice thing with electronic flash and its ability to "freeze" action is that there is an easy way to test sync without having to use up a roll of film. Just take off the back, aim at a wall, and then watch through the lens as you release the shutter. If it is properly synced you will see a bright circular flash of light. If the sync is off you will see the shutter paddle partly obstructing the aperture, or possibly even completely obstructing it (so no light is seen at all) if the sync is WAY off. If you have to, you can disassemble the camera and fine tune the shutter mechanism to get the sync right.

Just don't be too close to the wall if you do this - the reflection is VERY bright!

Good luck!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin