Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,699   Online: 710

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

polaroid ProPack shutter problems

I've just picked up this camera which came with flash and a pack of 667 film. But despite changing batteries and cleaning contacts the shutter still doesn't work. This model was made in India. Any help would be appreciated.

Doug
    Last edited by spoolman; 11-17-2014 at 06:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doug

what's the actual model of the camera? If it's the one I'm thinking of they are fairly bullet proof. I'd scrape the contacts with a file and try again

Cheers

Andrew
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Andrew: I've cleaned every battery contact in the camera and still I cannot see and light when the shutter trips. So either there is a problem with the shutter mechanism or I've bought a lemon. Anyway I downloaded the repair guide for this camera and I'll see if there is any correctable problem with the shutter.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know the construct of your battery compartment...but on the 210, 220 & 320 variety, the battery wires are crushed into the connectors...not soldered. If there is corrosion visible, it's also within. I had to solder directly to a smaller ground connection and avoid the main, circular ground connection, as it would not ground. Get yourself a pair of wires with aligator clips....consider an alternative battery pack (AAA's or AA's, etc)....upgrade the wiring or connections if you have to. I'm betting it's a ground. Good luck!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    thanks Quicksilverlight I'll give it a go.

Doug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin