Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,476   Posts: 1,597,599   Online: 1129

Shooter
    35mm

The most important cardboard box ever?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for sharing. (Not that much for the article, but the photograph of those boxes on the shelves.)

To your topic:

Those were the cameras people actually used. Most of those cameras disregarded by many here at Apug are those cameras that actually took those masses of photographs.

And that is why I got a roblem with the term "toy-camera"in general.

And boxes were definitely no toys.

By the way, I hardly ever come across a Brownie over here.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-05-2015 at 06:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Thank you for sharing. (Not that much for the article, but the photograph of those boxes on the shelves.)

To your topic:

Those were the cameras people actually used. Most of those cameras disregarded by many here at Apug are those cameras that actually took those masses of photographs.

And that is why I got a roblem with the term "toy-camera"in general.

And boxes were definitely no toys.

By the way, I hardly ever come across a Brownie over here.
    That's why as Rick pointed out above I posted that article on the Antiques forum. It probably could have been on the Medium Format forum.

Because Brownies were made in the UK from the middle of the 20s, we see them very often here. Specifically the ones that take 620 and 127. There are a few models "Made in England" that take 120 rolls.
    I have one of these: a Brownie Cresta II. Found it on a charity shop in a nice case and complete with flash, bulbs and the last boxes of film used by the previous owner.
    It has a roll of FP4+ now.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, 2x OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin