Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,472   Posts: 1,597,519   Online: 1259

Shooter
    Multi Format

Loose focus ring on my Smena 8M

I just got a free Smena 8M. The only issue is that the focusing ring is very loose. I've put some semi transparent paper on the focus plane and I can't see hardly a difference between infinity and 1m. Can I take apart the lens and maybe tighten something up? I don't want to destroy anything in the process btw.
    And I can't wait to do some double (or more) exsposures.
    EDIT? It's really weird. The aperture ring moves with the focus ring when it has some friction but when it doesn't have any friction at all it seems like the focusing mechanism doesn't even rotate. When I rotate it to mfd or infinity and then back again it is really loose the first third of the way and after that it's finally rotating as it should.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't help you as have my Smenas not at hand.

In my Smena Symbol or the 8M (it is seemingly the same mechanic at both) the aperture ring does not take with it the aperture blades, unless one applies some special way of gripping the aperture ring. So that should be somerthing you should have an eye on too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The aperture doesn't change when that inner ring rotates but when I rotate it myself it changes the aperture. It's a bit weird but I'll probably get used to it.
    I've checked again and the infinity is infinity but 1M is a bit far I think.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin