Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,460   Online: 889

View Poll Results: Does your toy have light leaks?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep.

8 42.11%
  • No.

11 57.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Does your toy camera have light leaks?

Mine doesnt.
    WHAT ABOUT YOU? A POLL YAY ZOMG!!

I CAN FINALLY SEE THE MONSTER. IT IS BUT AN ORDINARY PICKLE.
    A PICKLE WITH A KNIFE!
    IT LUNGES.
    I SCREAM.

-Marko
    (Mods, please post this, even though i wrote that)
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of course it does! It's a Holga!
    I usually leaks in the upper right corner of the photograph, which means it leaks in the lower left corner in the camera.
    Brian
    Holga Rocks!
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nope
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have to say No but occasionally I do get light leaks. I think this might be due to poor film roll on and the loose film causing leaks after it gets out of the holga occasionally, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Holga rarely light-leaks. I've gotten some leaks a few times when the back has fallen off, (but then again, every camera is going to do that :-P).

I have to say, judging on the stuff that I've read here and elsewhere, I'm rather impressed with the quality on mine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by htmlguru4242 View Post
    I have to say, judging on the stuff that I've read here and elsewhere, I'm rather impressed with the quality on mine.

Wow, sounds like you got a dud... Sorry, man...

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What I HATE about my holga is that it randomly vignettes on one corner, and sometimes not at all. This even happens in 645 format.
    I did get some great night shots with it though.

-Marko
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    HAHA. Does it indicate a quality control problem when the cameras that work well are duds? :-P lol.

But, Marko, I see what you're saying with the vignetting. Some of my shots have no definition on the edges at all, and some look pretty much perfect. Oh well, what do we expect from a $20 camera.

Does anyone else here have to fold up a corner of the film box under one of the spools in their Holga so the film tensions right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HAHA. Does it indicate a quality control problem when the cameras that work well are duds? :-P lol.

But, Marko, I see what you're saying with the vignetting. Some of my shots have no definition on the edges at all, and some look pretty much perfect. Oh well, what do we expect from a $20 camera.

Does anyone else here have to fold up a corner of the film box under one of the spools in their Holga so the film tensions right?
    I don't know if I have to...but I do. I have one of the newer ones with the foam rubber behind the spools.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was shocked to see on my Holga's box that it had "passed QC"! I was about to send it back.

Sadly not... I have one of the foam rubber ones too, and if I do the folding thing, it's too tight to spool without getting blisters on my thumb.

Antje

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin