Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,171   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Antje View Post
    It's also nice to have two slightly different, actually working apertures.

Antje
    This was the biggest reason I first bought a Holga from Randy, over the years though I remain a customer because he does great work and is just a nice guy.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The different apertures are nice. As far as bulb mode and a tripod mount, those are standard on the newer Holga (Holga 120N and later) models. I was reluctant to get one, because they may end up making it better, which of course, is worse. But the lens and light leaks appear unaltered. Also they put in foam to hold the spools tight, and made it a tighter fit on the bottom, so you dont have to shim up the spool anymore.

I don't have a holgamod. Are they worth the extra expense for the few extra features?

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by joshverd View Post
    I was reluctant to get one, because they may end up making it better, which of course, is worse.
    That's a "Holgistic" statement if I ever read one!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by joshverd View Post
    I don't have a holgamod. Are they worth the extra expense for the few extra features?
    I think so.
    I would probably do some of the mods myself, the flocking and the apeture mod, but Randy does it so well, it's just easier to buy from him.
    The price of the mods, just the basic ones, are worth the time and effort it would have taken me to do it.
    Brian

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, that settles it, then. When I get my Holga (birthday coming up soon ), I'll get one from Randy and have him do the basic modifications.

I think I'll also try some of Freestyle's house brand of color film in the Holga. Always used black and white in the old Holga's, but some "off color" might be fun (gels, "incorrect" light source, etc.), and the Arista film is cheap enough to experiment with for that purpose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PatTrent View Post
    Well, that settles it, then. When I get my Holga (birthday coming up soon ), I'll get one from Randy and have him do the basic modifications.

I think I'll also try some of Freestyle's house brand of color film in the Holga. Always used black and white in the old Holga's, but some "off color" might be fun (gels, "incorrect" light source, etc.), and the Arista film is cheap enough to experiment with for that purpose.

Sounds like a great plan!
    I prefer the Kodak 400 Portra VC, but cheap is good too!
    I look forward to seeing some of your photographs.
    Brian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian View Post
    Sounds like a great plan!
    I prefer the Kodak 400 Portra VC, but cheap is good too!
    I look forward to seeing some of your photographs.
    Brian
    Funny, I'm shooting Portra 400 VC, too. That is, I bought four packs of Portra 800 off Ebay because it's winter, but the 400 is my favourite Holga film. The more vibrant, the better.

Actually, the 800 I have now might be more in the spirit of Holga: The rolls I have are TOTALLY dated. I'm thinking if Holga and real brand film, then it MUST be at least one year past expiration date!

Antje

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin