Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,948   Posts: 1,585,921   Online: 1045

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    There are a lot of this type of "el cheapo" camera around and they are usually sold under names which are intended to confuse people - usually names similar to Canon, Olympus (called Olympia) & Nikon eg yours. They were aimed at the gullible and the uninformed who thought they were getting a professional camera, thats why you get a "professional" handle mount flash
    gun & the camera is designed to look vaguely like a 35mm SLR. I read somewhere that in order to make them feel heavier there is a piece of stone or brick hidden somewhere in the camera!

I also recollect that when these fiirst appeared some years ago when 35mm was still king, Canon etc were quite concerned and tried to take action against the manufacturers.

Today they are obviously good fun to play with if you can get them cheap but sadly there are still people attempting to flog them on ebay as "professional" cameras at outrageous prices. Fortunately not many people fall for it but I feel sorry for those who do.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Color lens!

I hope it's a colorless color lens! :O)

Otherwise I'd want mine yellow.
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few years ago some friends took me to a Dutch auction, all cstarter well a lot of excellent brand new items were auctioned very cheaply, one the crowd was in the mood the cameras came up for sale.

Very similar in spec to the Nokina these were badged as Canomatics, touted as £500 systems ($1000) direct from the manufacturer they began to sell well, and they were selling for between £80 and £100. Big burly bouncers (security guards) kept dissenters quiet by ushering them out.

Within a few minutes hundreds of cameras jhad been sold, the bouncers kept an eye out for anyone complaining, the whole auction was a total scam, but unfortunately totally legal.

Last year a building labourer working on my house offered me a Nikon sounding version, he genuinely thought it was too valuable and complex for him to take on his annual holidays. The truth was only the outfit case was fit for purpose and well made the camera and flash were possibly useable but even a disposable film camera would give better results.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amusing as these things are, it saddens me to see people on ebay shelling out large amounts of money for what is effectively to a disposable camera with a hinge on the back.
    In fact, I suspect that the new kodak disposables have better lenses than this!
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin