Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,643   Online: 1034

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Holga 120S
    Holga 120N
    Lomo Super Action Sampler
    Lomo Action Sampler
    Lomo Fisheye
    ZeroImage 2000 (6x6 pinhole)
    ZeroImage 25B (4x5 pinhole)
    Lynx (Time magazine type)
    Akira 2000N (Time magazine type)
    Holga 120N body (no lens) on order. I plan on using this for pinhole and/or zoneplate.
    Disposable 35m camera from the dollar store. I haven't had time to work through this one. I need to put together a chest of drawers first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This thread prompted me to examine an out-of-the-way cabinet -- sure enough, I still have a "Toyoca 16." I think I acquired it at a New Jersey seahore tourist trap circa 1960. It uses 16 mm (unperforated) film with a paper backing. I'm pretty sure I ran some rolls through it once, but so far haven't stumbled across them. The instructions even claim a yellow filter is available! Shutter speeds: I and B.

The shutter is now pretty erratic, guess it needs a CLA.

So put me down for one, assuming a Brownie Target 620 is too sophisticated to pass for a toy.

DaveT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4329_Toyoca_16.jpg   4330_Toyoca_16_Outfit.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    This thread prompted me to examine an out-of-the-way cabinet -- sure enough, I still have a "Toyoca 16." I think I acquired it at a New Jersey seahore tourist trap circa 1960. It uses 16 mm (unperforated) film with a paper backing. I'm pretty sure I ran some rolls through it once, but so far haven't stumbled across them. The instructions even claim a yellow filter is available! Shutter speeds: I and B.

The shutter is now pretty erratic, guess it needs a CLA.

So put me down for one, assuming a Brownie Target 620 is too sophisticated to pass for a toy.
    Did it come with that oh-so-cute tripod too? That looks much more elegant than the space-agey table top tripods I see in camera stores nowadays. A nice little lilliput Gitzo. Does it come in carbon-fiber?

-Anupam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    None. But I have and have had a couple of sick jokes of cameras.

Fujica ZC-1000. Fine Single 8 cine camera, Fuji's answer to the Beaulieu 4008. In the US, given the difficulty of finding Single 8 film, a sick joke.

Beaulieu 4008ZM. Old and flaky.

Beaulieu 5008S-MultiSpeed. Not as old, much flakier until it took a very expensive trip to France for service.

Flexaret VII. Sold to me as completely overhauled as as beautiful (the seller's words, not mine) as a "virgin flower of spring." Virgin flower of spring was essentially inoperable on arrival. For me, that was the end of Flexarets.

Lubitel. Don't remember the model, its still hiding in a closet. When it worked, it worked. For the most part, it doesn't work at all.

And the sickest funniest of all, an Ansco Automatic Reflex. High end TLR, shoots 6x6 on 120 film. Prone to jamming when new, prone to jamming when old and tired. Its is also in the closet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once had a Diana that I wish I had not sold.

The only “toy” cameras that I still own are:

1. A plastic 35mm camera with a plastic lens that was given to me as a promotional gift. It probably produces very crappy pictures.

2. A plastic 35mm camera in a clear-plastic underwater case that I used in bad weather until I replaced it with a Nikonos III.

3. An obsolete Detrola camera that was manufactured in Detroit in the 1940s during an era when Michigan was one of the largest manufacturers of cameras in the U.S. Even though it still works, I do not shoot with it because the obsolete 127-type film that it uses is too hard to find and too expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did it come with that oh-so-cute tripod too?
    Yes indeed it did. The mount is about a #6-32 thread, the tripod is single height, and not all that sturdy, but cute, yes.

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For what it is worth, I consider all of my cameras to be "toys". Some would say that my photo's are proof of it. :-)

Charlie........................................

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Holga 120N
    Holga 120S
    Coronet Six-20 TLR box camera which is prone to random shutter speed generator and being unable to turn either 120 or 620 spindles even though the front says it takes both.
    Brownie No.2 Model E
    Brownie No.2 Model F (gosh, you mean I can have tripod mounts with my bulb mode now?)
    Nokina NK3030 (crap 35mm but the flash+bracket is LOVELY)
    Should have an Ilford Sporti on its way from ebay sometime this week... Looks like it's a Holga breathern just made well before Dianas and Holgas.
    I have a Zenit EM too but I don't count that as it seems more or less like a proper SLR, just not a very good one.

There's a quadcam (the unbranded version of lomo's action sampler) kicking around here but that's my husband's and two of its screws have fallen out and it's being held together with tape at the moment...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Falcon Miniature

oh yeah, and one of those digital things
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1falcon.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Toy round!

I love toy cameras and own a Diana and a Holga,
    i also have a 110 toy keyring camera that works and
    a range of old kodak box brownies. I have discovered that the toy cameras are really becoming very popular with new photography students and think it is a great thing for the filom industry as it is really boosting sales of medium format films.

I own and operate a Pro Lab in Sydney where there isnt a day that goes by without someone form the public walking in with rolls form a toy camera and asking can u please process and proof this and dropping comments like "digital cant do this" which is music to my ears. I try and support Toy camera photography by having a bin in my lab which i sell all sorts of medium format film for $3.oo a roll. that way its cheaper and more accessible to play with.

I love to play toys are great!

~Steve
    The Lighthouse

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin