Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,742   Online: 792

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    None, so obviously not enough. I don't even own a digi.....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I don't even own a digi.....
    Oh, hey, those are fighting words. Don't equate a Toy Camera with a digi snap ... errr ....

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lomo Action Sampler (paint flaking off and rip cord clockwork winder thing not very reliable)
    Ilford Sporti (I think this might be my first ever camera, bought at a jumble sale about 30 years ago for something like '2 bob')
    Polaroid Super Swinger (keep meaning to get this cleaned up and use it again, my second camera I think.)

and, drum roll.... fan fare....
    Fuji BYU N-16 (AKA Kalimar Actionshot 16), I've been dreaming of owning one of these since a saw one featured in a TV documentary made by the Lomographic Society chaps. Just nabbed one on the action site.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    yay another Ilford Spori user!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had a box Brownie Anniversary first. I'm in the process of turning it into a 6x9 pinhole.

Then I bought a Falcon Miniature.

I was finally moved to getting more toy cameras by this one. I loved how only the middle is really sharp, and even that isn't really that sharp. I scrapped it to make the Falcargus Pinhole, which is now defunct.

First attempt at a pinhole camera ever. Hole was too big, but I still like that image. Next I got a Lex35 at Goodwill. I scored the big one with this camera.

Now I have three that I use: a Bilora Bella and two Lex35 clones I picked up at Goodwill last weekend. A Holga will be added shortly.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess I consider all of my cameras to be "Toys" especially since I no longer use them to make a living.

I have actually never been interested in the kind of results that are or can be obtained with real toy cameras. I still play a lot and have lots of fun with my toys, I can only assume you are also.

Charlie..............................

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice pics Stephanie!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A plastic 6x6 camera called a Sunpet (looks a little like a cross between a Holga and a Diana) with a 70mm f/8 lens is a toy camera I bought for $1 at a (now closed) flea market store in Ypsilanti. Focusing the lens is the only adjustment this camera offers,.....oh, and I can choose as to how far to advance the film, too. F/8 is it for the aperture setting. I shot a roll through it back in 1996 and another roll just this past weekend.

Along with the Sunpet, I purchased a Diana copy called a Windsor, also for $1. I have yet to use it and I think it's because of all the options available to me with this camera. Not only can I focus the Windsor lens and advance the film to my liking, but I also have three options of aperture settings (sunny, partly sunny, cloudy), and there's a 'B' setting. After 11 years, I'm still easing into this intimidating camera. ;-)

I also have a Kowa Cragstan Zen-99 camera that takes 127 film. I consider this a metal toy camera. It's the size of a 35mm rangefinder and has a 70mm lens. Aperture choices are just like the Windsor,...sunny, partly sunny and cloudy. There is no focus adjustment for the lens! It has a 'B' setting. Film advance is like the Sunpet and Windsor. There is a cold-shoe (accessory shoe) but no flash sync connection. Lastly, there is a 1/4-20 thread tripod hole at the bottom and, interestingly, inside the camera are two inserts that can be removed and reversed so that the camera can produce either 4x4 or 4x6 cm images. And, it has the original Kowa lens cap. Wow!

I also have a Coca-Cola camera shaped like, and is the same size as, a Coke can. It even has a flash that folds out! It's 35mm.

Then, there is a Meikai EL (chrome version) 35mm camera still in it's original box. I have no idea where I got this but I think this falls in the toy camera department. Seems to be something one would get as a gift with a magazine subscription or something. Translated, I believe that "Meikai" is how a baby might say, "My camera.", and so,....it's a toy camera. Okay? ;-)

Lastly, is the ugliest and worst put together camera I own, the Ansco Color Clipper. It probably falls into a different category, like junk cameras, but I had to mention it. It looks like it was put together by an 8th grade metal workshop class. There are two choices for aperture settings: 'color' and 'b & w'. Judging by the size of the diaphragm when either setting is chosen, it looks like color was the slower film choice available at the time with it's wide open setting. You can focus the lens and it has a flash synch connection. I'd love to be able to lubricate the shutter to give this piece of junk a try, but the damn thing is riveted together! Perhaps I'll just dunk the whole thing in motor oil and let it soak for a day or two. Then let it hang for a week, wipe off what I can and see what happens. :-)

I have a few more in the basement but I'm losing track of my inventory. I have a brother who keeps finding photographic gems at garage sales.

Okay, enough for now......

Marc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin