Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,844   Posts: 1,582,657   Online: 1060

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ilford Sporti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Ilford Sporti

Think of it as a metal Holga ... with working aperture arm. I think it actually has nicer vignetting than a holga and i'm quite happy about my impulse purchase of it. This is one of the "original" Sportis so only 2 aperture choices - sunny or cloudy/flash (sound familiar?).

Excuse the poor contact prints, i should have a proper contact printer soon rather than a scummy piece of glass I manhandle in dim safelight conditions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ilfordsporti.JPG   signpost.jpg   cobbles.jpg  

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice!
    Where did you find this gem? How much did you pay?
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ebayUK. £3 + £4 shipping. Quite a few on ebayUK and seem to be going for less than the typical Holga.

I just tried a roll of Fomapan 400 through it and I think the larger exposure latitude of fomapan has meant I totally lost all that lovely vignetting! Going to have to bulk buy HP5 since that seemed to work better.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Are you still using that Sporti Heather? I love mine although needs a bit of sun to havee enough contrast I find.
    Me this week - posing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mePERUTZID-11.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well I took it to Norway in December but I think it mostly had boring landscape shots on it... I'll have to look again. I'm drowning in negatives at the moment.

Bah I forgot my clockwork selftimer gadget doesn't fit my sportis (the pokeystick bit sticks out too far to screw it into the shutter release)
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good stuff. I have that issue as well. A roll from the Hassie awaiting looking at - the snow got me out and I'm trying to recover energy from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    Well I took it to Norway in December but I think it mostly had boring landscape shots on it... I'll have to look again. I'm drowning in negatives at the moment.

Bah I forgot my clockwork selftimer gadget doesn't fit my sportis (the pokeystick bit sticks out too far to screw it into the shutter release)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I posted in another thread that I bought a Sporti 6 a couple of weeks ago for 20p ($0.40). I think I was overcharged! It produced images which were sharp on one side but blurred out of focus on the other side. I think it will become a pin hole camera soon.

I liked the portability of it though so I started looking for another one but I ended up buying a Balda Baldixette which is fairly similar. It has a collapsing lens too which makes it even more portable.

http://www.geocities.com/jgpyke/baldixette.htm

Steve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails baldy.jpg  
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I posted in another thread that I bought a Sporti 6 a couple of weeks ago for 20p ($0.40). I think I was overcharged! It produced images which were sharp on one side but blurred out of focus on the other side.

Steve.
    Don't let the Holga-heads know about this, they'll all want one.I had the same issuue on a Koroll 24s - but then I did drop it onto the llens and it bent it in a bit. Like the snaps with it tho.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    One of my sportis did that but it's not a shutter issue like the sporti6 problem probably were... I've figured it was due to the film not rolling on correctly. The *tiny* little "handle" that helps pull out the takeup spool is missing on that sporti and having compared to another one, that actually serves another purpose - to keep that metal piece from falling inwards too far and making it roll up badly.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    35mm
    A working aperture arm??? What the heck is THAT all about?? What size film does the Sporti take, or is it general 35mm or 120/620 etc like the Holga? I wish I could find some cheap old folders for sale around here, dang it. Enjoy.

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin