Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,209   Online: 1055

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian View Post
    Then why did you ask that then!
    :rolleyes:
    The head is about three feet, the small group icon is about six feet, the large group icon is about nine feet, and of course the mountain icon is infinity...
    The modification you were talking about seemed a bit too much in my humble opinion. Shooting with a Holga, etc, isn't about precission, it's serendipity, and beauty in the imperfect..
    You can check out a Holga manual HERE!

Brian
    Holgas ROCK!
    I don't want to modify it. I just want to measure some focal distances.

I'm a Holga shooter. I have the manual.

I resist efforts to tell me what my tools are for and what they're about. I think we, each of us, get to decide that for ourselves.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Jeez, rough crowd! I just want to know what distances the little icons on the lens barrel correspond to. Is that so wrong?!

Thanks for the advice and pointers.
    Close-ish and further awayish aren't they?
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pope View Post
    Close-ish and further awayish aren't they?
    That's the spirit!

Antje

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, so I just did the scotch tape thing and it was most amusing. The icons represent roughly 12", 18", 24" and infinity is everything past about 48". In other words, not really consistant with the pictograms. Now I'll know to seldom move it from infinity.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad it worked. Now you know. I wish my Holga focused at 12". The closest I can get it to focus, without the lens falling off, is about 2 feet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller View Post
    Glad it worked. Now you know. I wish my Holga focused at 12". The closest I can get it to focus, without the lens falling off, is about 2 feet.
    Closer focusing is one of the holgamods.com modifications.

Here's what a more careful check revealed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails holga_focussm.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Closer focusing is one of the holgamods.com modifications.

Here's what a more careful check revealed.
    Put some film in the frigin camera go make some oictures. Quit being a techno-geek and predicting and controling everything.

That's the point of using a Holga!
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...for some people. Different strokes, some people care more about focus, even in toys, more than others. You could make the same argument against selecting film with an ISO that's going to actually work in your lighting situation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a gal with a complete tutorial on toycamera.com. What I've done to measure my Holga with some +1+2+3 close-up lenses was to put my Hassy focus screen on the back and look through it. Use a focusing cloth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    Put some film in the frigin camera go make some oictures. Quit being a techno-geek and predicting and controling everything.

That's the point of using a Holga!
    Why don't go make some pictures and quit worrying about how other people choose to work. If what I'm documenting is of no interest to you, then politely ignore it. That it's useful to me is none of your business. Sod off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin