Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,034   Online: 910

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good lab prints from 120 film, using 6x6 format film will be square, yes. A local lab just printed 6x4 prints from my holga shots (doh). But I send it off to a good lab now (RGB Lab somewhere up north here in the UK, I forget where, Doesn't matter much does it?) and get nice colour prints back. Never had a huge problem with holgas and exposure but I do have a hand meter and estimate the holga to be f-8 and around 1/100sec shutterspeed. I meter for whatever the box speed is of the film, even if it's B&W film and I'm using diafine. Never seemed to matter much but I guess I'm not picky enough :P I get images; that makes me happy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a lab do most of my Holga rolls. I usually ask for develop only and I'll just get the decent ones printed (I scan the negs to see what works). B&W I can do myself, but I put expired color film through it, too.
    The one thing I usually have to remember is to warn the guys at the shop. The last time I took a roll in, I forgot to mention it was from a Holga. When I picked it up, the guy looked me kinda sheepishly and said, "Well, we think there might have been a problem with this roll. We're not sure if it was our fault or if there might be something wrong with your camera? There was a lot of vignetting and what look like light leaks." I chuckled and told him it was from a Holga. I had to explain what it was (he'd sorta heard of them, but never seen shots from one), then he was amused.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    winger, that is pretty funny

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably have a few rolls developed at a lab, but hopefully I'll be able to learn how to develop my own negatives soon. I'll have access to my universities dark room over the summer!

JCT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Holgas are a blast -- I used them to get my teenagers interested in film, my dancer daughter keeps one in her ballet bag next to her pointe shoes!

Definitely take the time to learn to develop, the big negatives are lovely and you really don't even need a darkroom for B&W, you could get away with just a changing bag.

Have fun!

JT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin