Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,500   Online: 699

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jason,
    I like the older Polaroids of the late 60's-early 70's vintage (such as the 210, 320 models). These have a folding bellows but take modern pack film such as 669 and 690. A wide variety of film is available for these from Polaroid as well as Fuji. The problem with these is that the batteries are no longer made ( a few NOS batteries are around but they are expensive). Not to tout my wares, but I convert these old cameras to use modern AAA batteries and resell them. You can e-mail me if interested.
    Steve Perry
    stephen.j.perry@att.net
    Steve Perry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks goldie and Steve.

Steve, if I ever pick up a 210 or 320 model, I'll be sure to send you a PM!

I've actually stumbled upon a Holga polaroid back. I've been meaning to get a Holga, so why not convert it to take polaroids? I may go this route, though the price of the polaroid back itself can fund several Holgas!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Holga take the standard LF back? These are a lot of these around used. Actually for an typical LF there are two types of Polaroid back available. I have both types for my Linhof. One uses pack film of the 664/ 690 type (3.25x4.25 image). The other uses sheet film like Polaroid type 55 or 79. Type 55 is really great, fine grain B&W which produces a negative. The sheet films are 4x5.

Steve Perry
    Steve Perry

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I found a Spectra SE on ebay for about $20, and I like the Spectra color and proportion much more than the type 600. The film is harder to find (as in you can't go into K-mart and get it) but some Staples do sell it. Film is about the same price though. Another way to go, as someone else recomended, getting a peel apart film camera. With that you could get P/N film, different color films and have the possibility to do emulsion transfers.

I love using a polaroid as a snap shot camera. There are actually people who ask me what it is. One woman in Florida asked if it was "a really old digital camera." I told her, "Yeah, it's olde school digital."

". . . photographing as a two-way act of respect. Respect for the medium and letting it do what it does best- describe. And respect for the subject in describing it as it is. A photograph must be responsible to both."-- Garry Winogrand

"Art is just a Series of Natural Gestures."-- John Marin

My Platinum Printing Blog

My WEBSITE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Steve, I can get any Holga and mount a LF polaroid back to it? No modifications? I really like the type 664 film, but the thing about the Holga is that it won't expose the entire film, which bothers me.

That's hilarious Richard!

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    my favorite is the captiva. it takes 95/500 film (joycam film) which was discontinued last year and is now really expensive on ebay. i really like the size and shape of the film (its shaped like/looks like a window), as well as the polaroid colors. the camera itself is also really weird and badly designed, and it gets a lot of comments even from polaroid fans who don't know what it is. i have an "SE" version which also has a glass lens. so its basically like a joycam that takes properly exposed and properly focused pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only have one - the Polaroid One 600 Job Pro - so I guess that's my favourite. Funky little camera - http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-One60.../dp/B00002254O

But really funky is the Fuji Instax 200 I got for Christmas - http://www.fujifilm.com/products/ins...Instax200.html where the images are postcard size! Not available in the States.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    i LOVE my 330

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My two favorites:

Model 180 for Pack Film;
    SX-70 Sonar special edition. I converted this camera to use 600 film as per Polaroid's instructions. I removed the small neutral Density filter over the electric eye. That was 1 F-Stop. Then set the L/D control 1 full notch toward Darken for the 2nd F-Stop. Mine works well in Full-sunlight, but probably would not do at the beach. The SLR680 and SLR690 stop down to F90, the SX-70 SOnar and Alpha's stop down to F72.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I grew up with a Polaroid Sun 600 as my primary camera. It took much nicer photos than my 110 Instamatic and didn't require expensive flash cubes, so I loved it.

I recently tried to get one of those I-zone cameras with sticker film for my niece. Every Kmart seems to sell them but the film is nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Boutwell View Post
    Another way to go, as someone else recomended, getting a peel apart film camera. With that you could get P/N film, different color films and have the possibility to do emulsion transfers.
    I'm pretty sure that type 665 p/n was discontinued last year. I scraped my plans to get a quarter-plate polaroid camera when that happened.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin