Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,534   Online: 1022

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    any spectra system;

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a Polaroid 360. The bellows/frame look of the camera gets attention and makes street photography less intimidating for the subjects I think. You can take pictures of kids and seem like less of a creep. The electronic flash helps me take great B&W 'press photo' style shots at weddings and events. It is a pretty versatile camera with the close-up and portrait attachments.

If you want to pick one up you'll need to replace the non-user replaceable battery in the electronic flash.

Also, with the help of two rubber bands it can be modded to accept common CR123 batteries.

I use 669 film in Florida for great old postcard colors. 665 (I stockpiled but it can still be found) for grand landscapes or even some street work (since I can gift the print and keep the neg). Fuji FP-100C for color and Fuji FP-3000B for B&W in any light.

I like my SX-70 and Spectra too but they definitely don't get as much use as my pack film camera.

Images

Lots

I have a closet full of 'em, including a 350, 450, 180, SLR 690, and all the backs for 4x5 Graphic cameras, plus lots of non-working and roll film models.
    But the one which is real fun is the "BIG SHOT." Uses pack film and flash cubes, has a single element 220mm lens fixed focus for close-up portraits. Don't know what happened to mine, and the one I bought on ebay came in pieces because they just threw it into the box without any packing!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell View Post
    But the one which is real fun is the "BIG SHOT."
    Hey Bill, I have a Big Shot. Bought it a couple years ago, ran one pack of film through it. Lack of suitable subjects I guess. But now that you reminded me of it, maybe it will make for some fun in the Instant Print Exchange. Thanks!
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes they dropped the 665 P/N film because of some OSHA problem with the chemicals used, or something like that. The type 55 film though is still produced. But you need a large format with Polaroid back to use it. Write an e-mail to Polaroid. If there was demand for the 665 I'm sure they could figure out how to produce a modified version, since the 55 is still in production.

What film does the I-zone take that you couldn't find?

Steve Perry
    Steve Perry

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    What about the Pro Pack camera? That is my favorite.

Shooter
    35mm
    I still have my folding Polaroid 340 which dates from about 1976 and this is my favourite. I like the rangefinder which does enable you to get the photos well focussed. Even back in the 80's when I used it quite a lot, I was very pleased with the Polacolor prints that I got. They've been stored in the dark (in the filmpack box) and have not faded or shifted colour balance.

It is a pain that these cameras take the PX19 or type 531 battery. But this appears to still be manufactured, at least by Exell. It can be obtained in the UK from the Small Battery Company www.smallbattery.company.org.uk They're in stock but not cheap. The batteries have a shelf life of several years.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by sjperry View Post
    What film does the I-zone take that you couldn't find?
    It takes a 24mmX36mm film that can typically be used as a sticker. It's mainly a cheap Polaroid film used to introduce photography to children.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    NPC 195 specially made for 665. I have a huge stock of film. Love that camera.
    Brooks veriwide with pola back and again 665. Wide angle killer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume Zuili View Post
    NPC 195 specially made for 665. I have a huge stock of film. Love that camera.
    Brooks veriwide with pola back and again 665. Wide angle killer.
    Granted, though I believe that the Polaroid 180, 190 and 195 are more or less the same as the NPC 195 and can be found in good condition for much less than an NPC 195.

I wonder why so far nobody has mentioned the Polaroid 600 SE. I admit that is is bigger and heavier than the cameras mentioned, but you get interchangeable lenses (75,127 and 150 mm), interchangeable backs, and you can use Mamiya 6x7 and 6x9 120/220 roll film backs if you can find the right adapter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin