Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,076   Online: 741

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Polaroid EE100 - Help to start, please

Hi,
    I just received Polaroid EE100 Special which I bought on e-bay. I have never used Polaroid cameras before and I feel I need some information to start using it. I am more into LF gear, but I have a project which needs Polaroid or ideally handheld 4x5, which I could not afford so I decided on Polaroid.
    First question I have is what are those buttons and knobs I mared with arrows to?
    Also, it seems that my camera is missing one knob (shown on the second picture). Can I live without it?
    I am also not sure which type of film I need.
    Any help highly appreciated,

regards,

Jan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails polaroid1.jpg   polaroid2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chrobry View Post
    Hi,
    I just received Polaroid EE100 Special which I bought on e-bay. I have never used Polaroid cameras before and I feel I need some information to start using it. I am more into LF gear, but I have a project which needs Polaroid or ideally handheld 4x5, which I could not afford so I decided on Polaroid.
    First question I have is what are those buttons and knobs I mared with arrows to?
    Also, it seems that my camera is missing one knob (shown on the second picture). Can I live without it?
    I am also not sure which type of film I need.
    Any help highly appreciated,

regards,

Jan
    Hi Jan,

"EE" stands for Electric Eye, if I remember correctly. Your first picture shows a "lighten/darken" adjustment knob. If you look into the middle of the knob you'll see that there's a lens recessed in there for the measuring cell. It simple. Take a picture. If it's too light, turn the knob toward the "dark" icon (I think it's the solid dot). Or vice-versa. At the end of seven test shots, you'll have a perfectly exposed photo (joke!). I believe there's also a switch on top of the lens panel letting you adjust for ASA 80 (color) or ASA 3000 (b&w).

Your other photo shows the socket for the now defunkt (I think) flashcube. Originally there was also a dedicated electronic flash unit available for your camera. Perhaps you could locate one (or flashcubes) on He-Boy, or whatever it's called.

Have fun, "Jimmy Olsen" (in case you don't know who that is, just google it)!

Best,

Christopher

Last edited by Christopher Nisperos; 06-08-2007 at 04:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think you are going to be surprised by the quality of the results you get with that simple camera. The lens is plastic, but IIRC remember blowing up some b/w shots made with one which were really pretty good. Was there a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 pos neg film made? I think that is what I used.

As stated, the knob is for lighten and darken. You set the film speed on the top with that sliding switch.

I sold that camera for about 40 bucks retail in the earkly 1970s.
    Anscojohn, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks a lot, but what is this clear plastic lever for?

regards,

Jan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chrobry View Post
    Thanks a lot, but what is this clear plastic lever for?

regards,

Jan
    It's a diffusion disk to soften the light of the flash cube; also served to protect the person being photographed if a flash cube let go

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    thanks a lot again.

regards,

Jan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin