Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,805   Online: 757

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help with Japanese instructions please.

Hello,
    I've just recieved delivery of a Fuji BYU N-16, the same as a Kalimar Actionshot 16 ( http://shop.lomography.com/actionshot16/ ), but the Japanese market model, with entirely Japanese instructions.
    A bit of playing and the aforementioned website has resolved the operation of the main functions, but I'm not sure how, if at all, one sets the film speed. Attached is the only mention I can find of ISO speeds in the manual, is anyone able to translate it for me, or has one themselves and knows these things ?

Thanks,

Crispin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Instructions.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't have the camera, but from this page:
    Go to
    http://shop.lomography.com/actionshot16/
    and press the "Specifications" tab

I deduce that the camera has no facility for film speed setting, being designed to work best with ISO 800 and at a pinch with ISO 400.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had read that page (honest) and came to the same conclusion, but I am interested to know what the manual says about it. Probably to use 400 for when it's sunny and 800 when it's overcast.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crispinuk View Post
    I had read that page (honest) and came to the same conclusion, but I am interested to know what the manual says about it. Probably to use 400 for when it's sunny and 800 when it's overcast.
    Crispin, on this page it says 400 for sunny days and 800 for overcast:

http://shop.lomography.com/actionsho...ons/index.html

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of this new labour!

Cheers

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really should pay more attention to my own reference links shouldn't I :rolleyes:
    I've put a roll of my APX400 stash in it. Given that the weather forecast for tomorrow is typical for UK Summer 2007 I'll probably push it a stop (or two) when I process it, assuming the rain actually stops at all tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the record, a wife of a friend of a friend translated the manual and the official advice is ISO100 for Sunny, ISO400 for a bit cloudy and ISO800 for dull. This ties up with my experience on Sunday when it actually turned out sunny and the ISO400 film I used was a bit overexposed.
    Here's a couple of quick neg scans, I'll see if they print OK at the weekend.
    The animated GIF is to show how one of the pictures chopped into 16 and stuck together as a flip book would look
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails web2.jpg   web4.jpg   small3.gif  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It says ISO 100 for clear/sunny, ISO 400 for partly cloudy, and ISO 800 for cloudy.

And make sure the perforations catch on the sprockets
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My real job is a technical translator, Japanese & English, if you need help send me an email and I will be happy to translate it.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin