Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,903   Posts: 1,555,827   Online: 757

Shooter
    35mm

Polaroid 669 - Is it still manufactured?

I've heard that Polaroid 669 film is by far the best for transfers, lifts, etc. But, I've gotten conflicting information as if it is still available.

Is Polaroid 669 film still available and if not what is the best available film to do transfers, lifts, etc.?

Thanks,

Brian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've not heard of it being discontinued. Still listed on the usual websites I see (unsaleable, silverprint, etc) But I'm in the UK so not much use to you.

edit: still available via Polaroid.com in the US too (and the UK). $115 for a 10 pack of 10packs (100 pictures).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just ordered and received a couple twin packs from Calumet within the past two weeks.

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Polaroid have a nice Creative Techniques section on their website:

http://www.polaroid.com/creative/index.jsp?PRDREG=null

You can read up about using type 669 there, and see a few examples. You might also want to try type 690, which transfers okay, but does not do emulsion lifts. There are better prices buying through other dealers, rather than direct from Polaroid.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Shooter
    35mm

Sunpak view printer

I have a Sunpak view-printer and need to replace the bulb. Can anyone tell me what type to purchase? Also, is there a source for a manual?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    There is a post on photo.net which quotes a Polaroid rep saying that the 4x5 size of 669 is being discontinued in the coming months...Type 59

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I happen to have the Sunpak Polaroid Printer, and went through a bulb replacement four years ago. Ended up placing a special order through a Light Bulbs Unlimited store, though it arrived quickly. The bulb is type JCD120V-150WB, mine being made by Ushio. This is a Halogen bulb. The cost on mine was $22.95 when I got it.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin