Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,900   Online: 1157

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Vivitar Slide Printer

Anyone have any experience with these units? How reliable are they? What should I look for when buying one? Thanks.

J
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    Anyone have any experience with these units? How reliable are they? What should I look for when buying one? Thanks.

J
    i have one. so far it seems reliable, although it's very lightweight and completely made of plastic. (the polaroid polaprinter is much more heavier and robust) some units run on 4 "C" batteries and some use an AC adapter. the battery operated units are obviously very portable because they are so light & dont need a power supply. i would check that the rollers are clean, although if they arent they can easily be cleaned later. i would make sure the unit powers up and the flash fires. these units, i believe, have some sort of auto exposure mechanism, and a slide MUST be inserted for the unit to fire (thats been my experience.) make sure it comes with the filter holder also.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Vivitar, daylab and polarpinter.....how about the enlarger?

I own a polaroid Polaprinter and am super happy with the result i find it is a more robust unit and compairing it to the vititar or daylabs there is much better colour , contrast and density rendition and also a much better sharpness. I use it to make polaroid prints, transfers and emulsion lifts in my lab.

if I need something of a much higher quality and image control I use my enlarger.
    the results from being able to burn dodge and work the material is much superior.

hope this helps.

~Steve Frizza
    The Lighthouse Lab

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin