Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,594   Online: 863

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FM2N View Post
    ... about 5 minutes ...
    Told ya. Use a hair dryer and save yourself some time.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by terri View Post
    I was going to suggest you try to peel it with the print completely submerged in a tray of tepid water - usually this does the trick if you have a stubborn negative.
    What? Really? For an image transfer? Not an emulsion lift, right?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    What? Really? For an image transfer? Not an emulsion lift, right?

Regards, Art.
    Yes sir, Art - I do mean image transfer. I struggled a bit when first learning using hair dryers, then came across a passage in a book (maybe Kathleen Carr?) where she mentions doing this if you have "sticky issues". Apply the negative to your WC paper, brayer as usual, then let the whole thing float on top of your water tray for another minute or so - gently push it underneath the surface and peel slowly.

I don't usually care if I lose some dyes when I peel, but if I do want that *perfection*, this is how I get it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. Kewl. Thanks for that tip.

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello all,
    Thank you again for all of your help. I have downloaded some of the transfers I have done in the past week. Please let me know what you think.
    Be well
    Arthur, NYC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did look, and I'd say you're off to a terrific start. Keep up the good work!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I tried some polaroid transfer for the first time yesterday and it wasn't so successful. And one thing I noticed when comparing to Arthur's image:
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...3&ppuser=13591

is the black almost wave-look thing in the bottom. What is that and why has it been like that? I have also got that on my prints.

/ Marcus

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I find that when you seperate the picture from the emulsion if they touch or if anything touches the emulsion side it puts those wavey lines on the finished print. One of the hardest things to get right is a good CLEAN seperation of the print from the emulsion. It MUST be clean.
    I hope this helps

Arthur, NYC

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by FM2N View Post
    Hello All,
    I have been trying to do image transfers with poaroid 669 but have been having poor results. No matter what i try, wet/dry paper, hard/soft roller presser I still get what I would say are sticky pulls. As I start to pull the polaroid from the watercolor paper i always get stuck and parts of the image pull off. As they pull off they look like gum stuck on your shoe. Should i wait longer before i seperate the 2 parts? I am at a loss. Please help.

Arthur, NYC
    The perfect way to separate transfers without emulsion tearing or peeling up in stringy gooey ways ( though I like it to peel as it is more artsy).. is, after rolling then to submerge the entire sandwich in a shallow bath of 50/50 hot water & household vinegar. Separate the sandwich under the water carefully and there will most likely not be any tearing.

(tip: Vinegar also always helps brighten transfers even old ones.)

High contrast images ( black/white etc.. and high contrast areas usually are prone to tearing) more mid-tones flesh tones colors like flowers and warm tines will less likely tear.

Peter G. Balazsy
    www.pbpix.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin