Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,492   Online: 975

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Polaroid 89/669 film

Hello Alll,
    Do they still make Polaroid 89 film? I think it was a pack film like 669 but with a smaller finished image. My question also is the actual metal pack of the 669 the same size as the 89 film. I want to use 669 in the pack holder but not sure if it will fit. I do not have the camera to look at it is a possible purchase from another country and I don't think they will know the answer.

Thanks for the help.
    Arthur, NYC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FM2N View Post
    Hello Alll,
    Do they still make Polaroid 89 film? I think it was a pack film like 669 but with a smaller finished image. My question also is the actual metal pack of the 669 the same size as the 89 film. I want to use 669 in the pack holder but not sure if it will fit. I do not have the camera to look at it is a possible purchase from another country and I don't think they will know the answer.

Thanks for the help.
    Arthur, NYC
    I'm no expert on this, and I can't answer your question regarding whether the metal packs are the same sizes, but I think 89 film is still being produced.

Check here for example. They have 89 film with expiry in 2008. Sounds new enough to me... (And 669 is the one they *don't* have in stock. Don't know whether that means it is still being produced or not.)

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Type 89, and the square holders, was a very short lived film choice from Polaroid. I still have a sales sheet and free tryout coupon from 2003 for this. If you find any, it will be old stock. There was little cost advantage, which I why I think it was not adopted by many photographers. Best to stick to 669, or 690, and the larger and more common holders.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed, HerrBremerhaven, I stand corrected. There is still some 89 film around, but Polaroid stopped production of it in 2006, so whatever you find is old stock (though not necessarily past expiration). 669 is still in production. So it's back to your original question, FM2N: whether or not the holders are compatible. (Sorry, can't help you there...)

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    why not just call tech support at Polaroid and they will be able to give you that information?
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    BTW, the equivalent for 669 in square format is Polaroid 88. Polaroid 89 is equivalent to 690.

All are discontinued. Unfortunate but understandable. Sometimes square is more fun!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    So you are saying that a film back that would hold 89 or 88 would hold 690 or 669 film pack but give me a square formated picture? If this is so great!!!
    Thanks
    Arthur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you checked here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got an old Super Swinger (which takes type '80' film) which I've been meaning to dig out and see if I can use some Type 672 film in that I have for my Horseman polaroid back.
    Bad news I'm afraid, the 80 film cassettes are about 20mm shorter than the 672 (which is the same format as 669), so the 66*/67* film packs will not fit a 8* camera.

It's not all bad news to me though, when I dug the camera out and opened the box I found a pile of the photos I took with it 30 odd years ago, as a nipper, that I thought were lost forever.

Cheers,

Crispin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin