Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,458   Online: 1125

Thread: Arghh!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Arghh!

Processed 2 rolls of HP5+ tonight, taken using my Holga, only to find that the little switch on the bottom had been inadvertently moved to the bulb setting....very black negs. Maybe if I leave the enlarger light on for about 10 minutes I'll get an image
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm
    You are not alone. I did this as well. Now I have two Holgas. One is painted red and has the switch glued in bulb position. The other is black, and is glued in the shutter direction. Cheaper in the long run than film.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I once printed some pictures for a photographer who had done the same mistake on a trip to Paris. The pictures came out with nice blur effects, but were hard to print. Around 5-10 minutes split filter between grade 4.5 and 5 for most of them. She also used this technique again (on purpose).

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    One is painted red and has the switch glued in bulb position. The other is black, and is glued in the shutter direction. Cheaper in the long run than film.

Good idea Jason.
    I have a red one too, but it's purpose is a little different.
    My red I shoot color slide film with, my yellow I shoot color negative film with and the black one I shoot b&w with.
    I'd like to see your painted cameras.
    I hope to see you on the 11th for the SLC TC meeting, I believe you got the email didn't you.
    If you didn't email me and I will give you the details.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin