Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,716   Online: 763

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format

can't find a way to pop out filter on electric eye

I have a time zero onestep land camera, and I am trying to pop out the chrome ring as the polaroid site instructs us to, but I can't pop it out. I wonder if I have the same camera that other people have?

Shooter
    Instant Films

SX-70 modifications for 600 film

I did a couple of mods of the SX-70 Sonar to take 600 film because it's available locally at Sam's Club. I use the cameras to take kids' pictures at the Easter Egg Hunt at church. I evaluated the various methods (nd filter in front of lens, removing filter in front of light meter sensor, electronic mod) and decided on the electronic mod because: I wanted to be able to see through the lens clearly to focus, and I wanted a permanent fix. I also modded the springs in the film chamber so the 600 pack slides right in and out without a card. In other words, I ended up with a camera that's an SX-70 in every respect, modified to take the faster 600 film without ANY fiddling. It functions like a 680 or a 690, without the flash. You have to take the camera apart and replace a capacitor with one the right size and shape. I can even dial the light meter adjustment to tweak exposure if needed, but I haven't had to since the exposures have turned out just fine. If you want, I can e-mail you directions, or I'll be glad to modify one for you. I wish I had time to do a bunch of them, I could probably set up a shop, but I'm a pastor by calling and a tinkerer for fun.
    --Rev. Ash

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi -

I am the one doing the electronic modification for 600 film. I have done over 200 SX-70 camera modifications. With the recent announcement of the discontinuation of 600 film, I have stopped advertising the service, but will be happy to do it for you if you are interested. Please feel free to PM me (no email) if you are still interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin