Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,661   Online: 867

Thread: Agfa Clack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa Clack

After receiving an Agfa Clack off of the 'Bay' with alledgedly good working shutter, that appears to not be the case with the 'Bulb' setting. The shutter still works like it is set to 'M' Is there something that I can check to fix this? I do know that a single screw can be removed to take off the meniscus lens and aperture assembly, but I do not know if just looking at ths shutter would show me what the problem is??? Anyone have any ideas as I'd like to start using this camera on a tripod with 'Bulb' for long exposures.

Thanks

Andy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If it's anything like any other box camera shutter, it'll be very obvious after a few clicks what needs to be lubed up.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I figured it out, and there needed to be a tiny 'adjustment' made to one of the levers. Both M mode and Bulb work fine now :-) now it's back to basic picture taking for me for a taste of something different!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    See, they're nice and simple in there; it would have been harder to explain even with a picture or a diagram. Glad you figured it out. Sounds similar to my problem with my Finetta 88 that refused to reset its shutter. Eventually just bent one lever ever so slightly, more of out sheer desperation after trying to make it work for over a week of fiddling, and it worked. Maybe I should try it again as its bulb mode doesn't work well either...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin