Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,548   Online: 815

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Exactly...I have seen absolutely brilliant work by artists in all kinds of mediums: film, digital, watercolor, sculpture, etc. Why waste time trying to emulate something done better with another tool, be it a $20 camera, a block of marble, or a $700 computer program? Stop trying to make champagne from grape Nehi.

Fine - what's the point of wasting so much energy bashing something "truly stupid"? I don't get it. It serves no purpose - other than as an attempt at validition of your point-of-view. If you're that insecure about your working methods, no amount of self validation through ridicule of another working method can really help - can it?

One could also bash people who produce analog work that is merely replication of what's already been photographed 1,000 times before - with no new vision, personal interpretation, or vision. There is no point in that work either - yet, lots of it, apparently, gets done...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Fine - what's the point of wasting so much energy bashing something "truly stupid"? I don't get it. It serves no purpose - other than as an attempt at validition of your point-of-view. If you're that insecure about your working methods, no amount of self validation through ridicule of another working method can really help - can it?

One could also bash people who produce analog work that is merely replication of what's already been photographed 1,000 times before - with no new vision, personal interpretation, or vision. There is no point in that work either - yet, lots of it, apparently, gets done...
    Fine- whats the point of wasting so much energy bashing somebody bashing something "truly stupid"?
    I don't get it. It serves no purpose - other than as an attempt at validition of your point-of-view. If you're that insecure about your working methods, ... and so on.

Irony. Gotta love it.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 12-11-2007 at 01:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Fine- whats the point of wasting so much energy bashing somebody bashing something "truly stupid"?
    I don't get it. It serves no purpose - other than as an attempt at validition of your point-of-view. If you're that insecure about your working methods, ... and so on.

Irony. Gotta love it.
    You really should not bash people who are bashing people for bashing people who... no wait, hang on, I've lost track now... Drat... I know there was a point in there somewhere...

Ho hum, Bob.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post
    Stop trying to make champagne from grape Nehi.
    Have you ever tried drinking hooch made from grape Nehi? It ain't bad if you don't have anything else to drink!
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Received this link in my e-mail today:

Combine the 'Holgariser' software with this http://trc1.emv2.com/I?a=A9X7Cqu5m57m8QFBL6CttkrjNQ to make it more like the real thing!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Combine the 'Holgariser' software with this http://trc1.emv2.com/I?a=A9X7Cqu5m57m8QFBL6CttkrjNQ to make it more like the real thing!

Steve.
    Now we’re talking. It’s been a long time waiting – but I think that I’m finally ready to make the great leap to digital imagery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Steve.
    The results on their demo page were quite lacking. I didn't see much resemblance to various films anymore that this is a Ferrari

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I want to be sick!
    Ive been talking to people recently as some galleries here are exhibiting "digital cyanotypes" and "Digital Sepia toned" prints im sorry but NO NO NO!!! they are simply tinted inkjets!!!!! why is this crap happening where did this apathy come into play??? and how did such mis entitlement occur??? I am going to start going into some of these galleries and asking the curators how does the computers produce these cyanotypes? and have stern words with them for allowing such mis information to be put onto digital crap.

Shooter
    35mm
    Does anyone know if this software offers LensBaby-type photo mods? Just wondering... I think the software name is Faux-to-shop. Enjoy

paulie

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin