Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,952   Online: 804

Shooter
    35mm

help! new Holgaroid user

Hi, just bought a polaroid back for my Holga - any idea on the www where I can find Black and white film as my local retailer just laughed me out of his store, cheers Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I though they stopped making that film...I hope I'm wrong

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The polaroid film that was used in the older backs is no longer being produced (I forget the exact number, but it might have been type 54). The prints were quite small from this film. Freestyle sells a new polaroid back for Holgas that takes type 669 film which is still widely available. You'll need to determine which back you have, old or new.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The original Holgaroid backs took the 80 series, which has discontinued last year. Polaroid said:

"Please be advised that Polaroid will be discontinuing 8[x] film within the last 3 months of 2006 due to the phasing out of components used in the production of this film."

Shooter
    35mm
    You can still get some fresh limited-edition (or last-run) type 80 film from Lord of the Lens.

If you bought the new Polaroid back, it will take either type 80 or 66x film (or Fuji equivalents) - the 66x film is still in production with the exception of 665, and is available from some camera stores if you look around and from Polaroid directly (make sure you DO NOT get the 4" x 5" kind - type 50 in Polaroid lingo but a little confusing from Fuji - that's for a different class of Polaroid back).

(By coincidence I was looking into this back the other day myself. I've also bought a Polaroid 250, which takes the 66x film, so I've looked into availability of that, too )
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the pos/neg BW film is gone...right?

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, the 665 pos/neg was discontinued. Apparently the 4x5 version, 55, is still being made (pricey, though).
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys just got to my pC so apologies for not getting back to anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mabman View Post
    You can still get some fresh limited-edition (or last-run) type 80 film from Lord of the Lens.

If you bought the new Polaroid back, it will take either type 80 or 66x film (or Fuji equivalents) - the 66x film is still in production with the exception of 665, and is available from some camera stores if you look around and from Polaroid directly (make sure you DO NOT get the 4" x 5" kind - type 50 in Polaroid lingo but a little confusing from Fuji - that's for a different class of Polaroid back).

(By coincidence I was looking into this back the other day myself. I've also bought a Polaroid 250, which takes the 66x film, so I've looked into availability of that, too )

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, www.unsaleable.com - they're in Austria. They do all types of Polaroid and some Fujifilm Instax film. They do Polaroid Type 88.
    Last edited by Verity; 01-08-2008 at 11:22 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: To add info.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mathers of Lancashire (www.mathersoflancashire.co.uk) do packfilm by Fujifilm, FP100C for sure, perhaps others. I know that fits the Polaroid 250.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin