Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,720   Posts: 1,483,136   Online: 1250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Heck, if you get addicted I know where a box of Dianas are slowly being run over by dust. I keep meaning to liberate them and get them t people who can actually use them.
    If the price is right, I'm interested
    I would be more than happy to get one out and be used

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If anyone in australia requires services from films shot in a Diana / Holga or Lomo camera or the like my lab is capable of providing a full range of process, printing and scanning services from these materials.

~Steve Frizza
    The Lighthouse Lab
    Shop 2-219 Bondi Road Bondi
    N.S.W Australia 2026
    Ph: (02) 9365 6063

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Toy cameras are addictive

I have three dianas/clones plus I just gave holgas to my wife and kids for Christmas. I even purchased a melted Diana so I could take the lens and put it on a Holga. It's kind of a sickness but it's pretty fun too

Good luck.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    There are plenty of places to get your film processed in L.A. Photo Impact is very good, as is Richard's Photo Lab. Freestyle also sends film out to a pretty decent lab (don't know which one, sorry) so you can just drop your film off while you shop...with a one or two day turnaround in most cases. Not bad if you don't need to see your results immediately. There's a place on Sunset right across the street from the old L.A. Color Lab that I keep telling myself I'm going to try. And of course there is the venerable A&I, which used to provide better service, but is still OK. I miss the old Chrome n R lab on Beverly Blvd., though...they provided great personalized service.

Shooter
    35mm
    Concerning renting darkrooms, that topic pops up here every now and then. You may be able to find some pointers by searching on "rental darkrooms" here on APUG; or check your Yellow Pages. You don't really need to rent a darkroom to develop film to negatives, though; you can do that for $50-$100 in equipment and starter chemicals, with no need for a full darkroom (just a space you can make dark, such as a closet or bathroom, for a few minutes). Darkroom rental is more likely to be necessary for making enlargements from your negatives.

One other point: As you're in LA, you'll probably find Freestyle a more convenient source for film than B&H, since Freestyle is in California. That'll make for quicker and/or less expensive shipping, if nothing else.

Shooter
    35mm
    You don't need a darkroom to develop 120 film. Check out this guy- he's sort of an idiot, but he shows how to do it using a changing bag and a kitty litter tray:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P9bNcBE_Hc

Shooter
    35mm
    Do you still have any of the Holgas left?
    email me... info@davidamosphotography.com.aiu

Shooter
    35mm

Collecting dust?!

I'm really interested in a dust collecting Diana

Shooter
    35mm
    if you do the walmart thing,
    prints actually come out very well and were very cheap ($5 for processing and printing 16 shots)
    my only beef is that my prints usually come back somewhat small (only a littl ebigger than the negative).
    there is a post on flikr with detailed instuctions, just google "120 film processing walmart" and it should come out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

a place that sounds like it is full service lab in la

Main Photo & Imaging Service, 5 Southern California locations
    Since 1933, photo lab and digital imaging services. APS, 35mm, medium format C-41, E-6, movie film, Agfa Scala slide film, black and white film processing. Hasselblad XPan 4x12 panoramic prints. Machine prints, enlargements. slide dupes, copy slides, internegatives. Digital prints, photo restoration, video transfer, Photo CD, slide output, more. Locations in Santa Ana, Yorba Linda, Cypress, Fountain Valley and Laguna Hills.

Sounds like this is a good one since it has several locations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin